New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    That is according to the US's most watched quality survey which is the JD Power's Initial Quality Survey. Two thumbs up to Hyundai for beating the likes of Toyota and Honda. It placed #4 overall and top 3 are all luxury brands such as Lexus (still #1, kailan ba hindi? ) and Porsche.

FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., June 22 /PRNewswire/ --J.D. Power and Associates announced today that Hyundai is the highest ranked non-premium nameplate in the 2009 Initial Quality Study(SM) (IQS) and is ranked fourth among all nameplates. Hyundai owners had fewer problems with their vehicles than any other non-premium car or truck brand.
    http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...d,869021.shtml

Here is the complete list...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/31491023/for/cnbc/

Look at where so-called Japanese brands are superior to Korean brands are in quality? Even Kia toped the two Japanese carmakers Mitsubishi and Mazda who way down there. Only Honda and Toyota seem in reasonable rankings.
    Last edited by tidus1203; June 23rd, 2009 at 09:26 PM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Good for Hyundai. But I think these are units sold in the West. How about those in Asian regions?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Well a lot of the models come out from the Ulsan Plant in Korea! The same plant exports to the US and Europe and also exports to ASEAN countries like us so quality should be comparable. The only Hyundai models made in the USA is Santa Fe and Sonata, the rest are exported from Ulsan, Korea. Dito naman sa Pilipinas all our Hyundai models except i10 are from Ulsan, Korea. The only difference is our models are normally stripped off of features unlike sa US where 6 airbags are standard across the range!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Well a lot of the models come out from the Ulsan Plant in Korea! The same plant exports to the US and Europe and also exports to ASEAN countries like us so quality should be comparable. The only Hyundai models made in the USA is Santa Fe and Sonata, the rest are exported from Ulsan, Korea. Dito naman sa Pilipinas all our Hyundai models except i10 are from Ulsan, Korea. The only difference is our models are normally stripped off of features unlike sa US where 6 airbags are standard across the range!
    astig. galing ng Hyundai

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The initial quality survey bodes well for the construction of the vehicle (in other words, how well the factory assembly was carried out), but doesn't tell you much about long-term reliability... a semi-meaningless award... but a good win for Hyundai, nonetheless.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Does that mean it's ok now to buy the new Hyundai Genesis Coupe? I've been drooling over it for quite a while

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    They've been near the top of the initial quality award for quite a few years now.

bigbigcar.com Review: 2009 Honda Jazz

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by daimengrui View Post
    Does that mean it's ok now to buy the new Hyundai Genesis Coupe? I've been drooling over it for quite a while
    Yeah go ahead! Its luxury brother the Genesis Sedan actually won North American Car of the Year earlier this year.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    OT
    In my opinion, Toyota is very confident with their so called superior production process that they defy the odds of universally recognized rule of Quality vs Quantity. They didn't give much credit to personal skills and craftsmanship of the technician. Quantity can be improved but you must know your limit so that it will not affect your Quality. They believe that the optimum perfection of their production process can make farmer into assembly tech in an instant as long that you can read and write.
    BTW im a man with dirty hands holding the spanner in Pratt and Whitney Canada/overhaul Plant5. My company idolized so much the Toyota process that they send me and others to ITO University to study the toyota production operating system, I dis agree most of what Ive learned coz its all about Quantity, Ill give you some new words i learn from ITO Univ. "on time delivery, turn around time, tack time, touch time, manhours and etc." See its all about quantity. Now that we migrated the toyota running production line in our overhaul shop, the number of engine return to claim warranty increased.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    John Krafcik (CEO of Hyundai Motors America) interview on Bloomberg, talks about their recent JD Powers ranking and Hyundai's plans for the US.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ0-ZfWR1Mo"]YouTube - Spotlight - Hyundai Motor Corp. - Bloomberg[/ame]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hyundai #1 in quality among non-luxury brands!