New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Parang natatakot na ako kumuha ng Hyundai. Yung bang problem ni BKR5 hanggang ngayon sa mga bagong Hyundai models ay yun pa rin ang ginagamit na aircon compressor?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
    Parang natatakot na ako kumuha ng Hyundai. Yung bang problem ni BKR5 hanggang ngayon sa mga bagong Hyundai models ay yun pa rin ang ginagamit na aircon compressor?
    I would like to think that they are finding a solution.Hyundai Korea awarded Hari with a recognition for prompt filing of reports regarding their products. My aircon compressor was replaced with a brand new one hopefully these units are not defective anymore.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR5 View Post
    I would like to think that they are finding a solution.Hyundai Korea awarded Hari with a recognition for prompt filing of reports regarding their products. My aircon compressor was replaced with a brand new one hopefully these units are not defective anymore.
    I'm gonna ask them about this but I don't think people at the branch offices will admit this. I hope they will and I hope they will say, "Yes, but new car models of Hyundai are now using a different air compressor, blah blah blah...'

4. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Ewan ko ha. Pero parang na experienced ko yan once. Kapag naka on ang A/C parang sinisinok ang engine. Pero pag pinindot ko yung A/C. Syempre off ang compressor nun. Nawawala yung sinok niya.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Our march 2010 tucson now has 34K on the odo. and yes it has had problems already which for me are a testament to korean quality still not up to par,Major problem was a aircon compressor that the casa said had a stuck up pulley, I say major because if it happens while your driving it will shut down your engine and lose all power to the steering and brakes making you a candidate for an accident waiting to happen especially on the highway. Hyundai should recall all their aircon compressors and replace them before anyone gets into an accident, and ours isn't an isolated one a friend of ours has a 2011 tucson which stranded him going up the kalayaan flyover I also read hear about a genesis coupe having the same issue. also our brake switch too malfunctioned making the tranny not shift to reverse or park, had it changed and the new one lasted for a day and was again replaced so I've run thru 2 brake switches already within 2years.
    My same sentiments, a notch lower pa rin hyundai compared to their japanese counterparts. Ive had a burnt aircon magnetic clutch in my 2010 Tucson CRDi GL A/T that was replaced after several weeks. A few weeks ago, my car stalled when going uphill. Noticed that the gear indicator in the dash was blank. Then would have more frequent difficulty in changing gears due to brake light switch. Casa didnt replace the switch but had the ecu reflashed/reset. Now everything's fine again so far.

Big problem is that we need a van for my growing family and there's only one choice, the Grand Starex. MAgiging 2 na hyundai ko! Sana hindi masakit sa ulo rin.
    Di lang talaga maganda ang Super grandia. hehe
    Last edited by JJB; July 18th, 2012 at 09:44 PM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    We just bought a GS VGT 2 wks ago. last week, during heavy traffic, the aircon went hot during stand still traffic. When running, it's cold. We brought it back to the casa after that.
    They checked it and suspected there is air in the system so they changed the freon. Went home, no traffic and raining so i did not notice any problem.
    This afternon, i went out, it was very sunny and hot outside and the aircon acted again. This time, aircon is hot even when moving, but when i parked in a covered parking, it bacame cool again. Any suggestions gefore I bring it back to the casa? thanks.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit View Post
    We just bought a GS VGT 2 wks ago. last week, during heavy traffic, the aircon went hot during stand still traffic. When running, it's cold. We brought it back to the casa after that.
    They checked it and suspected there is air in the system so they changed the freon. Went home, no traffic and raining so i did not notice any problem.
    This afternon, i went out, it was very sunny and hot outside and the aircon acted again. This time, aircon is hot even when moving, but when i parked in a covered parking, it bacame cool again. Any suggestions gefore I bring it back to the casa? thanks.
    Might be the magnetic clutch of the aircon. Dont know how to check if it's working fine, but tell the casa to check that part. Defective talaga yun sa lahat ng models, made by Doowun usually

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Thanks JJB. Yun nga feeling ko, bumibitaw yung compressor. Kasi pag engaged, malamig naman kaso biglang iinit, parang ang baba ng setting ng thermostat, konting lamig, patay agad compressor. I'll inform them when I go back there. thanks ulit.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit View Post
    Thanks JJB. Yun nga feeling ko, bumibitaw yung compressor. Kasi pag engaged, malamig naman kaso biglang iinit, parang ang baba ng setting ng thermostat, konting lamig, patay agad compressor. I'll inform them when I go back there. thanks ulit.
    Sir before nyo dalhin sa casa check nyo muna ang settings. may warm & cold setting ang hyundai aircon, sure po kayo na nasa cold setting yan? Ilagay mo kaya sa maximum cool. yung damper flap dapat nasa recirculation mode. Check rin po kapag malamig ang aircon then biglang uminit, tingnan nyo po kong may ice formation ang tube/hose na pabalik sa compressor. Kung meron, sabihin nyo po sa casa. Check nyo lang po kasi bagong-bago pa ang unit parang weird na may defect kaagad. HTH
    Last edited by weisshorn; July 18th, 2012 at 11:18 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I bought a Honda City VTEC May 2006, then a Hyundai Tucson Gas 4x2 AT May 2007.
    Although mas madalang kong gamitin yung Tucson over City (kaka 50K pa lang ng Odo), I never had any major problems with it.

The only 2 breakdowns was with the code alarm control module that broke down 2010, and the shock/dampener for the hexagonal (2nd) tailgate. Pag glass lang ang binuksan ko sa likod, unti unti na syang bumababa, di na gumagana yung dampener.

Other than that, everything else was the usual wear and tear.
    The battery lasted for four years until I decided not to push my luck and replace it last year.
    The pathetic hankook tires were replaced last year after 40k kms, and last month, napundi yung isang bumbilya sa fog lamps.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with my Hyundai, that I bought another Hyundai last year.
    This time a Clean Blue Elantra 1.8 GLS.
    Also a very reliable car although mukhang kailangan kong ipalinis sng air con.
    Don't get me wrong, the aircon is fully functionsl, kaso mukhang may nasipsip na dumi or whatever.
    Ang baho kasi tuwing bagong bukas ang aircon.

Still, Despite minor nuisances, I'm very happy with my two Hyundais.

Samantalang yung Honda City ko, 2 years pa lang, itinirik na si Misis dahil pumalya ang battery a few hundred meters before reaching the Casa. Kinailangan ding palitan ang bearings at shock absorbers as early as 2009 (3 years).

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast