New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I bought a CVX Grand Starex last 2008. I seldom use it and have logged 18,000 kilometers odometer reading only.

However, my rotor discs were replaced 2X already and probably due for a third replacement next week. The reason is the the steering wheel vibrates during braking at speeds of 80kph or more.

Bakit ang dalas ata ng change rotor discs ko? Hindi pa naman pudpod ang brake pads ko. The first time the rotor discs were replaced was when ODO was only 7,000 kilometers.

Any ideas why this happens to me frequently?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    * sir civic1990

can you post the problem with the two previous rotor discs so as others who own/owned a Grand Starex can give the best advice?

my guess would be due to warping?
    could they be using substandard rotor discs?
    and could you specify what brand (if stated) the previous discs were and if it is the same brand they are using for the third one?

this is just so that anyone could give the best insight as to what is happening to your vehicle's rotor discs.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by civic1990 View Post
    I bought a CVX Grand Starex last 2008. I seldom use it and have logged 18,000 kilometers odometer reading only.

However, my rotor discs were replaced 2X already and probably due for a third replacement next week. The reason is the the steering wheel vibrates during braking at speeds of 80kph or more.

Bakit ang dalas ata ng change rotor discs ko? Hindi pa naman pudpod ang brake pads ko. The first time the rotor discs were replaced was when ODO was only 7,000 kilometers.

Any ideas why this happens to me frequently?
    kala ko na solve na ng starex ang problem sa rotor.
    I bought a 2004 starex gray market before. after 10kms. bengkong, reklamo ko sa standout aba ayaw e warranty.
    after 20kms bengkong nanaman.
    I decided to let it go. I also notice ang dami na nyang rust sa mga rubber molding ng doors.
    maybe korean cars materials inferior compare to japan.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by night_raven View Post
    * sir civic1990

can you post the problem with the two previous rotor discs so as others who own/owned a Grand Starex can give the best advice?

my guess would be due to warping?
    could they be using substandard rotor discs?
    and could you specify what brand (if stated) the previous discs were and if it is the same brand they are using for the third one?

this is just so that anyone could give the best insight as to what is happening to your vehicle's rotor discs.
    Ang sabi sa PITSTOP, warped disc daw. I guess OEM Hyundai brand ang ginamit ng PITSTOP when they replaced it the first 2X kasi, it was still under warranty (I bought my imported Starex from Standout).

I want to try a third-party rotor disc but I don't know if there is one available for the Grand Starex. Mayrun ba? What can you recommend? I am thinking na talagang substandard ang OEM rotor discs ng Hyundai. Pero bakit ako lang ang may problema ng ganito if this is true?

Is it possible that my brake pads are defective and could be causing it (kahit hindi pa ito pudpod)?

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by civic1990 View Post
    Ang sabi sa PITSTOP, warped disc daw. I guess OEM Hyundai brand ang ginamit ng PITSTOP when they replaced it the first 2X kasi, it was still under warranty (I bought my imported Starex from Standout).

I want to try a third-party rotor disc but I don't know if there is one available for the Grand Starex. Mayrun ba? What can you recommend? I am thinking na talagang substandard ang OEM rotor discs ng Hyundai. Pero bakit ako lang ang may problema ng ganito if this is true?

Is it possible that my brake pads are defective and could be causing it (kahit hindi pa ito pudpod)?

try to avoid your rotor disc from getting wet after a long trip. this might cause of your warped rotor disc.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ Ngek!....

11.6K:cheers:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As long as braking power is not affected, you can try to ride it out. Happened to my Patrol before. Just kept using it, problem went away on its own.

The more times you take it apart and rebuild it, the more chances of someone screwing up and doing something wrong.

Try to use more engine braking also. I your vehicle an automatic? They tend to be harder on the brakes.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    oo nga..ngek. Yan rin problema ko sa Subaru Impreza. Warped disc *10k kms. Pinamachine shop sa Casa. Ngayon 30k na...wala pa naman.

Trick daw jan. Don't feather the brakes. Pag Brake ka..as in Todo APAK.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    is the disc really warped? you may want to check if it is.

some discs warp, some get uneven shaving. to check if it is uneven, use a caliper to get disc thickness on random spots of the disc. a 1-2mm difference on the disc's thickness will give you vibrations at speeds over 80kph when braking. if the discs become uneven, problem would lie in the hydro of your brake system. sometimes, your driving habit may affect it as well, frequent abrupt braking may sometimes cause uneven shaving on the disc too.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    oo nga..ngek. Yan rin problema ko sa Subaru Impreza. Warped disc *10k kms. Pinamachine shop sa Casa. Ngayon 30k na...wala pa naman.

Trick daw jan. Don't feather the brakes. Pag Brake ka..as in Todo APAK.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Grand Starex rotor discs replaced 3X after 18K odo only! What gives?