New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    that is nothing compared to Top Gear's torture of a toyota pickup (hilux i think), it was burned, drowned/flooded, dropped from a crumbling building and etc etc, and it still ran IIRC.

only major damage done on that hyundai was the high drop and the rollovers, the obstacle course or cannonballs are just external damage.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Yeah... But the crane thing is a proof that Hyundai's are working their best to overtake Toyota's... Lets wait, maybe the Hilux will be replaced by Terracan in Top Gear.

Moreover, I think the SUV's fall from the crane is the highest impact of all. The Hilux was sitting on top of the building. Thats not impressive.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    right...but all i saw was impact damage (from the fall and ramming stuff which were much smaller than the terracan itself), if you factor in the hilux's saltwater damage from being submerged at sea level then being burned inside and out, there is no comparison.

not to mention they used a BRANDNEW terracan as opposed to a 13 YEAR OLD USED hilux with 190,000 MILES :rofl01:

unless they do more variety of damage to the terracan then i dont see it being more durable than the hilux IMO.
    Last edited by BlueBimmer; April 1st, 2007 at 09:19 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    Yeah... But the crane thing is a proof that Hyundai's are working their best to overtake Toyota's... Lets wait, maybe the Hilux will be replaced by Terracan in Top Gear.

Moreover, I think the SUV's fall from the crane is the highest impact of all. The Hilux was sitting on top of the building. Thats not impressive.
    er... i still believe that the hilux is much better in handling every wrath of the top gear guys. that's a beat-up hilux we're talking about and that's a sparkling brand new hyundai.

but still, its nice that hyundai's standards are getting high.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    o eto, para makumpara nyo kung sino mas matibay :bwahaha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMrqsnK0eh8

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    mas matibay parin ang 13yr old hilux

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    right...but all i saw was impact damage (from the fall and ramming stuff which were much smaller than the terracan itself), if you factor in the hilux's saltwater damage from being submerged at sea level then being burned inside and out, there is no comparison.

not to mention they used a BRANDNEW terracan as opposed to a 13 YEAR OLD USED hilux with 190,000 MILES

unless they do more variety of damage to the terracan then i dont see it being more durable than the hilux IMO.
    Well, I was just pointing out na kahit kulang ang budget ng mga TV producers ng MoonTV. They were able to test a brand new Terracan to destruction.
    Kayo lang naman ang nag co-compare sa Hilux with the Terracan eh. I was pointing on that sooner or later Hyundai might/may overtake Toyota. And through these little videos that speak of little things of how Hyundai has been increasing in quality and sales.

Of course matibay ang Hilux, di lang ako masyado na impress dun sa last test. Parang guiness lang yan, kahit sa kotse. Sooner or later that Hilux will be replaced and I dont know what truck.
    From my reply, I mentioned:
    Quote Originally Posted by drey
    -I was also thinking about this, because 5th Gear usually gather some feedbacks about cars reliability and try to test it to destruction put it on their episodes. (just like Daihatsu Charade and Mercedes Benz E-Class)

Sorry po, I didnt say anything that its tougher than the Hilux. I was just pointing some areas where Hyundai's quality increased. And if you try to find proof in the "thread name" that I was comparing both of them I was making a point that this might be one of the fruits of Hyundai's remarkable increase in quality. Its just a fact that Hyundai is so ambitious to beat Toyota.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    hindi naman ok i-compare yun dalawa. one row lang naman yun hilux tapos 2/3 eh cargo na walang laman unlike the terracan na full-SUV and probably heavier too.

saka andaya naman nun sa tubig, may mekaniko. dapat tumakbo kagad after the high tide. yan ang durable

sobrang unbelieavable pa yun binagsak na Hilux, ni hindi man lang na-flatan. kunsabagay baka sa 2nd floor lang itinaas di naman pinakita sa vid eh
    Last edited by oldblue; April 2nd, 2007 at 11:21 AM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    thread title mo palang kino-compare mo na toyota and hyundai eh. wtf?

edit: after backreading
    And if you try to find proof in the "thread name" that I was comparing both of them I was making a point that this might be one of the fruits of Hyundai's remarkable increase in quality.
    maybe you should have your thread title changed, then.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    onga naman, kung ayaw mo macompare pala edi dapat tanggalin mo 'toyota' sa thread title mo

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Goodbye Toyota - Hello Hyundai!