New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I'm curious because this isn't specified in the owner's manual. And according to the manual, having a DPF virtually means long idling is not recommended as it can gum up the DPF.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ronallandottk View Post
    I'm curious because this isn't specified in the owner's manual. And according to the manual, having a DPF virtually means long idling is not recommended as it can gum up the DPF.
    If euro 5 yan then may DPF yan, i doubt kung mayroon since local release yan.. You can hear naman the sound of the dpf kapag mayroon..

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Thanks for the reply man. I'm not familiar with the sound of a Diesel engine with a DPF, but I'm guessing it's not Euro V since there isn't anyone selling Euro V diesel fuel in the country.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ronallandottk View Post
    Thanks for the reply man. I'm not familiar with the sound of a Diesel engine with a DPF, but I'm guessing it's not Euro V since there isn't anyone selling Euro V diesel fuel in the country.
    Seaoil claims their current diesel meets EURO V specs.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by roydok View Post
    Seaoil claims their current diesel meets EURO V specs.
    From what I've read, Seaoil diesel is Euro III (150 PPM) but has additives to give it the "same" performance qualities as Euro V diesel...but not the same sulfur content.