New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hyundai has arrived in terms of design and technology......but i they cannot service the demand they have generated.....then this pent up demand will eventually erode...and the hype they make will die down.

I personally experienced this....after more than 3 months waiting for delivery, I eventually got tiered of it.....

building up demand by limiting supply may be a good marketing ploy...but if u overdo it...it leads to frustration that leads to lose of sale for the company!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I would say that Hyundai has indeed arrived. It was the first Starex that put Korean cars on the map, before that Korean cars were the butt of jokes.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by chuaa View Post
    Hyundai has arrived in terms of design and technology......but i they cannot service the demand they have generated.....then this pent up demand will eventually erode...and the hype they make will die down.

I personally experienced this....after more than 3 months waiting for delivery, I eventually got tiered of it.....

building up demand by limiting supply may be a good marketing ploy...but if u overdo it...it leads to frustration that leads to lose of sale for the company!
    Yeah, I believe Hyundai has come forward. If they're really good then they will stay in the market, no matter what the odds are. If you buy something that's less of your expectations, do you think you'll be happy with it?...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Yes the Santa Fe - Starex got few points for Hyundai but only the VGT CRDi SF got the full attention IMHO Imagine the other Japanese car only build their own version of VGT just recently lang

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Quality - since 2006, I guess. Pero yung 03 Starex namin hindi naman namimigay ng sakit sa ulo. Regular maintenance parin siya despite of the age.

Design - Nung 2006, Santa Fe lang maganda. Hahaha. Nung 2009 talaga nag-umpisa, nung i-launch yung Tucson. Ngayon sunod-sunod na. Fluidic design, very ***y.

Proud owner of a Hyundai here. Sana madagdagan pa Hyundai namin
    I agree na nung 2009 na sabay na design and quality package ng Hyundai as a whole. Yung Starex before kasi is more of quality and design na rin but siya lang, the rest of the lineup hindi pa, unlike now na majority of their products are really good na rin. Time will tell regarding sa true reliability niya naman. But that's another story.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    IMO, they came a long way and finally arrived with a good design, quality, and reliability.

1st experienced Hyundai back in 1986 when my mom was test driving one in the States. She didn't buy it as it was too cheap (both quality and finish) and at that time, Hyundai was known to be cheap...comparable to Yugo cars of Yugoslavia.

I am a proud owner of a Hyundai vehicle.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    For me I first liked Hyundai back in 2004 when the Starex had a nose job and released CRDi for the Starex. There was also a Diesel Matrix and the Hyundai Coupe. This is a year before the HiAce, Innova and Fortuner were released.

Back then Diesel engines were only cool if it was German.

Then in 2006 a European Looking SUV took the Philippines at storm, almost the same release as the RAV4 the Santa Fe was considered more value for money than the RAV4. But due to the exterior size of the Fortuner, which Filipinos like to buy more metal with their money-the Fortuner beat the SF in sales.

In 2008, the GS was released. It is the first time I think Hyundai was better than Toyota with this model. i10 was also released.

In 2009, Genesis Coupe was released.

In December 2009, the Tucson was released, and the Filipinos got enthralled with Hyundai.

Then the Sonata, then the Accent, now it's the Elantra.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    malayo na narating ng Hyundai IMHO. lalo na yung new tucson.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by eljo3025 View Post
    In 2008, the GS was released. It is the first time I think Hyundai was better than Toyota with this model. i10 was also released
    Mid 2007 lumabas yung Grand Starex.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Do you feel Hyundai arrived in terms of product design and quality