New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Please bear in mind that city driving is different from heavy city traffic driving. Kahit po motor yan, and its on a standstill traffic, it is running on 0kms/liter. Maganda po ipost nyo ang average speed nyo for better reference.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    If you want additional help to get a better picture regarding your fuel consumption, in Android and IOS look for the application "A Car" or if you are using Windows phone use "My Car"

Make it a habit to record your transaction every fill up in a gas station then view the statistical reports in the app in order for you to make a better decision later

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pompeyo View Post
    I used to get around 10 - 12 kpl when mine was new, a year ago pa... After the break-in, it hovers around 15 - 17 kpl city driving using Shell Nitro+ and sometimes unleaded lang pag nagtitipid... Medyo mababa nga yung mileage ng sa'yo, try total, currently seaoil gamit ko kasi mas malapit samin yung station, ok naman.
    same experience here.
    when i got my sentra new, i was getting 6-7 km/li. it took 10,000 km, for it to go to 9-10 km/li.
    my wigo is giving me 8 km/li now. i'll tell you what happens when i reach 10,000 km.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    I use petron xcs on my eon and for me mas mabilis response ng engine. And I'm planning to try excelium ng total, tingin niyo ok ba ito?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by robox View Post
    I use petron xcs on my eon and for me mas mabilis response ng engine. And I'm planning to try excelium ng total, tingin niyo ok ba ito?
    Gamit ko excelium ok naman, pero nun bumalik ako sa xcs nanginig ang engine ko, nanibago ata, kaya balik excelium ako and umiwas na sa xcs. Pag needed na magpa gas sa nitro+ ang alternative or caltex.

Sent via LaTE Network

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    The window sticker fuel efficiency rating was established using controlled driving, that is: no traffic jams, vehicle at curb weight(no passengers and cargo) and driven on long distances. The average mpg is then averaged. Don't expect your car on your road conditions and distances you drive to do the same. You'll just get frustrated

Posted through phlpost.gov.ph

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Tama sir ung suggestions nla kung pano calculate ang km/liter.+ kung ilan sakay ng auto.mas madaming sakay,mas malakas sa gas.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    I had the same experience with our Ford Fiesta Ecoboost. I'm only getting 6km/L and that's mixed city and hiway driving. Now after the 1Tkm mark I'm getting 9-10km/L mixed also. Basta hindi ko ilalagpas ng 3k rpm kase doon gagana ang turbo ng ecoboost yun daw malakas gas saka 60-80kph lang speed ko. Hehe! Try mo Total Excellium or Seaoil 95/97 or PTT okay din kase meron samin. Okay naman performance nila.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Practice your own eco-driving rather than rely on your computer when to shift. Try doing these:

- Get to the highest gear as soon as possible, at the lowest rev the car can muster. Downshift as necessary but upshift as soon as you can. Feel the car, the computer can't do that for you.

- Steady as she goes. Stick to ideal speed, don't oscillate. Those mm pedal adjustments cost you additional injected fuel with no gain

- monitor your tire pressure, set at the highest recommended as you can tolerate. The less rolling resistance, the better. Bouncier, but thrifty

- Your brake pedal robs you of distance. Practice engine braking before stoplights, gentle pedaling to stop the car. A jerking stop is the same as jack rabbit start, waste of motion

- Fill her up during the colder times of the day. Fuel expands a bit when hot, you lose some mass at high fuel temps.

- Set acu temp to 'comfortable' not 'arctic'. If you can take it, use natural ventilation instead.

- practice good housekeeping. Dead weight adds to fuel use.

- Finally, avoid traffic as best you can. You should check online apps to plan your route better. As always, the earlier the better.

Hth

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispi View Post
    Hi, I just got my eon last week (Oct 21, 2014) Upon gasing up for the first time which is 1k Fuel Save SHELL. I got only 6.7km/l city driving. (from 4 bars down to 1 bar blinking) I follow the shifting recommendation on the gauge cluster. Is this normal Eon owners? Hope you can help us out here.
    TS,

First of all, you're still into your break in period. TALAGANG MALAKAS YNG FUEL CONSUMPTION MO DURING THAT STAGE. Like what the other forumers have stated, only after this period will the real fuel efficiency of the vehicle reveal itself.

IMHO, mas maganda magtest ng fuel efficiency during long drives. Kasi yng speed variable kahit paano eh constant. City driving will all be an average of your day-to-day driving experience along the same route. You may cover the same distance in the same amount of time. But that may not mean that the no. of times you stopped and stepped on the gas will be the same everyday. Eg. Today you complete your route in 30 mins from point A to point B. Tomorrow, you may complete the same route in the same time but you had to spend 10 more minutes in idle because of some traffic obstruction 10 meters from point A. After that, smooth sailing to point B.

Just my 3 cents

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Disapointment with our new Hyundai Eon on Fuel Consumption.