New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi, I just got my eon last week (Oct 21, 2014) Upon gasing up for the first time which is 1k Fuel Save SHELL. I got only 6.7km/l city driving. (from 4 bars down to 1 bar blinking) I follow the shifting recommendation on the gauge cluster. Is this normal Eon owners? Hope you can help us out here.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispi View Post
    Hi, I just got my eon last week (Oct 21, 2014) Upon gasing up for the first time which is 1k Fuel Save SHELL. I got only 6.7km/l city driving. (from 4 bars down to 1 bar blinking) I follow the shifting recommendation on the gauge cluster. Is this normal Eon owners? Hope you can help us out here.
    try mong mag gas sa Total hindi magandang kunsumo ng Eon sa gasolina ng Shell.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    salamat po sa reply. ano po maganda e karga? premium gas nang total or unleaded po?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    My take.

Try the different brands. Petron, Caltex, Jetti, Unioil, etc .........

Then calculate your mileage for each brand ....... You'll get your answer soon enough.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    salamat po sa reply. ano po maganda e karga? premium gas nang total or unleaded po?
    unleaded lang ikinakarga ko sa Eon ko.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Change your computation. Fill up your tank to click (automatic). Reset your trip meter. Drive your car normally. Fill up your tank again to click. Divide km driven to liters. Example: Trip Meter reading 120kms. Fuel filled: 10 liters. 120/10= 12km/liter.

Hope this helps

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The term 'city driving' emcompasses an unlimited number of scenarios, from beating the odds having traffic lights going green as you drive by to spending most of your time in bumper-to-bumper traffic.

That said, fuel economy is very subjective. It drastically changes based on your route, time of day, day of week, and even if it's raining or not.

Lastly, if it's still a new car, the fuel economy should slightly improve as the engine breaks in.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    unleaded lang ikinakarga ko sa Eon ko.
    even with my Hyundai Getz, i get the most mileage from Total Excellium. I get not so good mileage from Petron Unleaded, Petron XCS, Shell Unleaded and Shell Nitro +. Caltex is ok, pero di maganda ang response sa engine.

same with my Altis. However, sa Lovelife ko, i get the best performance out of Petron XCS.

Kay TS: try mo muna lahat (experimental mode). What ever suits you, dun ka na mag stick. Iba-iba kasi ang experience natin dyan sa mga yan eh.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    I used to get around 10 - 12 kpl when mine was new, a year ago pa... After the break-in, it hovers around 15 - 17 kpl city driving using Shell Nitro+ and sometimes unleaded lang pag nagtitipid... Medyo mababa nga yung mileage ng sa'yo, try total, currently seaoil gamit ko kasi mas malapit samin yung station, ok naman.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sorry, I'm not too familiar with the Eon, so bear with my questions.
    - How does the "shifting recommendation" on the gauge cluster work? At what rpm do you shift per gear?
    - 4 bars is roughly about half the 32L tank, right?

I'm one with the folks here in saying that you need to fill your tank to get a better computation of the actual fuel consumption. And it will take multiple tanks to get an accurate figure, not to mention some breaking in to get a better figure. So don't fret just yet.

Also, usually the higher end fuels provide slightly better response, such that you don't wring the engine as much, and you actually get slightly better fuel consumption figures.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Disapointment with our new Hyundai Eon on Fuel Consumption.