New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    What happens if you have clogged egr? Do you just clean it or replace it? Pitstop says replacement cost for grand starex egr is around 14k. Ang mahal.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You can clean it. If that doesn't help, replace.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    You can clean it. If that doesn't help, replace.
    agree. try to clean it first. just google it. maraming tutorials online on how to clean it. the thing with modern diesel engines, you can not simply block the EGR. it will send error codes sa ECU. unlike mga mechanical injection pumps, no issues.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Depends on the engine. Apparently, you can do this successfully on the Navara... but I can't vouch for the engine's longevity if you do.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Check kung may singaw ang hose between turbo charger & intake manifold, kung wala then maybe its time to change fuel filter. Kung mahina pa rin siguro dapat linisin ang egr. Mas malamang ang culprit ay fuel filter as per my own experience. Basta pakiramdam kung mahina humatak ang 1st gen tucson ko derecho palit na ng fuel filter.. only 600 petot sa G**dg*ar (pwede ba ilagay name ng store? please delete kung di pwede), prestoo.. malakas na naman. At 25K KM odometer I checked the egr, malinis pa siya. Last 55K++ Km was the 4th fuel filter renewal

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Nung humina hatak ng sf ko pinalinis ko lang egr, balik na sa dati ang power, ang kaso ang pagpalinis ng egr sa casa inabot ng 5k. Yan ang masakit. Iniisip ko nga na i-disconnect yung egr kaso the check engine light was on. Mukhang mahirap yata bypass.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    question lang mga peeps who already cleaned the egr on their SF, did you guys experienced any v-belt noise/belt tensioner vibrations when the egr was dirty? I've been looking for a solution kasi for my SF serpentine belt noise for quite some time. the noise disappears when I step on the accelerator to increase engine speed from idle to just about 50plus rpm above idle. para bang kinakapos ang engine power at idle kaya naghe-hesitate ang makina leading to the noise in the belt. btw, I've changed belt and belt tensioners a few times already.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Papagawa ko nalang sa labas yung egr cleaning at fuel filter replacement para mura. Di naman malalaman ng casa e, haha

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    question lang mga peeps who already cleaned the egr on their SF, did you guys experienced any v-belt noise/belt tensioner vibrations when the egr was dirty? I've been looking for a solution kasi for my SF serpentine belt noise for quite some time. the noise disappears when I step on the accelerator to increase engine speed from idle to just about 50plus rpm above idle. para bang kinakapos ang engine power at idle kaya naghe-hesitate ang makina leading to the noise in the belt. btw, I've changed belt and belt tensioners a few times already.

Check sir yung belt tension, if ok check the pulley's. baka me slip na yung tinatawag ng "segunyal" ng mga mekaniko... happened to me once though not SF but all cars have pulleys...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    loss of power is due to stop and go daily traffic sa tingen ko. ang SF ko pag tinakbo ko ng out of town say NLEX, the next day mas responsive ang makina. so what i do right now is just floor it lagi di bale na mag-suffer FC, it improves. btw, my 6 years old SF is only 36Tkm. ewan ko yun sa inyo, baka kasi high mileage na kayo

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Declining power of hyundai diesel engines