New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I am planning to buy a brand new starex 2003 model, anybody here who knows yung negative and the things that I have to watch out after I buy the vehicle?

Thanks,

:worried:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    heres what motioncars has to say with the starex, in a long term test:

http://www.motioncars.com/archive/ca...ial/index.html

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    not bad ha

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Are you sure you really want the cons and not the pros? Anyway, I'm also driving this van so shoot me, hehehe.

- Hyundai AT still needs more refinement, unacceptable shift lag.
    - Spare tire mount needs more security locks.
    - Door handles need to be reinforced with metal brackets, the plastics easily break off if pulled in a jerky manner.
    - Single rear passenger door is too heavy to close for female or juvenile passengers.
    - Grab bars should be placed for easy ingress.
    - Stiffer suspension for more controlled response.
    - Employ LSD as a standard equipt not only in high end models.
    - 5 year anti-rust warranty would also be useful.
    - More detailed cluster dials; voltmeter and oil pressure gauge could be useful.

Edit: (I forgot to add)
    - Built in turbo timer could be useful too and help prolong the engine life.
    Last edited by Ungas; January 9th, 2004 at 06:54 PM.

5. FrankDrebin Guest
    Papawisan ng husto ang mga pasahero mo kapag nasira ang aircon sa biyahe. (9 seater)

;)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What's the going price now for a brand new model? RV and SVX???

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May rear grab bar na ang Starex ngayon. Same as the one used in the 4x4 model. Pero tama ang mga observation ni Ungas. Generally the Starex is a good van. Very minor and correctable ang faults (like the ones Ungas has mentioned).

Another con would be the switches of the rear cabin lights can break easily. So please don't let kids and over eager passengers play with it.

I would not mind having a Starex. Before I got the Pajero, I was eyeing a Starex SVX 4x4. :D

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    mabilis daw tumakbo.... 2001 version ata yun starex na nag sabi sakin, naghabulan daw sila ng strada sandali. sa cagayan de oro hehe nag racing, ewan ko anung nakain.

not sure kung totoo pero medyo naiwanan daw matic din un sa kanya. o baka d lang magaling un nagmaneho ng strada

and for ride comfort ang sarap, spacious pa except for the last row.. 7seater lang pala un nasakyan ko.

tsaka kahit hyundai ito, mataas pa rin ang resale value. ito lang ata ang hyundai na ganito hehe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep, the Starex body has provision nuts for grab bar handles along the B pillar. I had one fabricated made from kamagong wood then screwed it on. A grab bar for the front passenger can also be retrofitted too, mounted just beside the A/C vent.

Based from an outdated source the SVX is around 900-950K, while the Club is pegged at 1.1M
    Last edited by Ungas; January 10th, 2004 at 02:49 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by benchph1
    heres what motioncars has to say with the starex, in a long term test:

http://www.motioncars.com/archive/ca...ial/index.html
    not bad... besides, it's a van not a race car. ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Cons for Hyundai Starex Turbo Intercooler Automatic