New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Mga tsikoteers ask lang ako, ano ang magandang brand ng central door locks and alarm? I will be getting na kasi 1.4 Accent M/T next week after a month of waiting kaya lang I do not know kung ano ang magandang brand ng central door locks. Puro kasi made in Taiwan at based on our experience ang dali talagang masira. Cobra palagi ang binibigay sa akin nung ako'y nag canvass ng central locks last week. May alam ba kayong US brand or better than Taiwan?

Mga 1 year lang ang itinagal ng central locks ko sa isa kong car. Mas ok kasi kung mas matibay na central locks ang ipalagay ko sa CASA para less ang frequency ng pagpapa-install ulit which means less labor cost on my part. Sa CASA ko ipapakabit para di ma void ang warranty ko. Kung madali kasing masira ang central locks then ilang beses ding akong gagastos sa labor.

Also, anong brand ng alarm ang matibay? Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just buy the generic power lock actuators (door motors) online (e.g. Sulit.com) for Php500.00/set of 4 (kasama pa delivery). The actuators are being sold in Banawe for Php250.00/pc kasi and it's nice to have spare motors just in case.

The more cruicial factor in this case is the installer. I've stressed this so many times already. Installing OEM parts by the dealer is fine. But putting in aftermarket parts, they will just call almost any available freelance installer they can find. Unless they have a contract with a specific shop already (e.g. with Winterpine). Even then, the chances of them still picking out a novice to do the work is still 50/50.

I've also had a 'casa' job power lock system fail. Hindi ako ang nagpakabit. Friend ko na walang ganong alam sa cars then just asked me for help afterwards. Just took it to my technician and he replaced the offending motor. The casa wouldn't know the difference even if they opened your door up. And do you think they'd open all your door panels up if you make a warranty claim on another item (e.g. your stereo blew up)?

Alarms are also dependent on the installer. Even the Php1000.00 GUDI alarms work well enough when installed properly.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Hyundai pampanga charges P3500 fro their central door lock. Additional question lang po, ano po ba ang void sa warranty if magpakabit ng central door lock sa labas ng casa? buong electricals ba?TIA

4. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by andretti View Post
    Hyundai pampanga charges P3500 fro their central door lock. Additional question lang po, ano po ba ang void sa warranty if magpakabit ng central door lock sa labas ng casa? buong electricals ba?TIA
    Yes buong electricals, kasi I'm coupling this with car alarm. The alarm controller and central door locks will be tapped into the main electrical system for its power requirements, according to my SA. So he recommended that it be done in the casa so the warranties are not voided. Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Just buy the generic power lock actuators (door motors) online (e.g. Sulit.com) for Php500.00/set of 4 (kasama pa delivery). The actuators are being sold in Banawe for Php250.00/pc kasi and it's nice to have spare motors just in case.

The more cruicial factor in this case is the installer. I've stressed this so many times already. Installing OEM parts by the dealer is fine. But putting in aftermarket parts, they will just call almost any available freelance installer they can find. Unless they have a contract with a specific shop already (e.g. with Winterpine). Even then, the chances of them still picking out a novice to do the work is still 50/50.

I've also had a 'casa' job power lock system fail. Hindi ako ang nagpakabit. Friend ko na walang ganong alam sa cars then just asked me for help afterwards. Just took it to my technician and he replaced the offending motor. The casa wouldn't know the difference even if they opened your door up. And do you think they'd open all your door panels up if you make a warranty claim on another item (e.g. your stereo blew up)?

Alarms are also dependent on the installer. Even the Php1000.00 GUDI alarms work well enough when installed properly.
    Otep, so in other words what is more important is the skill of the installer? Kahit mumurahin pa ang central door lock actuator, ok lang yan basta marunong mag install ang technician? If that is the case, tatagal ang life ng central door locks basta maayos lang pagkakainstall? Made in Taiwan lang ba lahat ang mga central door lock actuator? By the way, what is OEM? Pasensiya na ang dami kong tanong. Thanks a lot!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    OEM stands for original equipment manufacturer...

not all genuine parts are manufactured by the carmaker itself...

some components (like wipers,horns,filters) are manufactured by independent companies for use by the carmaker (like denso,bosch, akebono,tokico etc)

The problem why these aftermarket central lock fail is the installers work, how did it install, in what condition and the time the installer spent on it. There are several ways to do it and defends on what type of car, what kind of central lock(all are not the same in quality) and what kind of installer is working on it, for i have install many of these, there was still a back job, not the way it was installed, it's because the connection being losses as the time goes, if you notice how many times it been triggered in a day, and if you look to the connector, it just fix by hand with a screwdriver, what do you think happen if its like a pistons in the engine...
    The installer need time to install it, if in good condition by the costumer, sometimes the installer perfect the installation and those are not fail for years, for installer like me, i can give lifetime warranty for my work, just for that, not for the motor or the relay fail itself, its like a bulb, no warranty. just for the electrical's and loss connection.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by junerski View Post
    OEM stands for original equipment manufacturer...

not all genuine parts are manufactured by the carmaker itself...

some components (like wipers,horns,filters) are manufactured by independent companies for use by the carmaker (like denso,bosch, akebono,tokico etc)
    thanks junerski for taking the time to explain what OEM stands for. Now I know.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tsikotshop View Post
    The problem why these aftermarket central lock fail is the installers work, how did it install, in what condition and the time the installer spent on it. There are several ways to do it and defends on what type of car, what kind of central lock(all are not the same in quality) and what kind of installer is working on it, for i have install many of these, there was still a back job, not the way it was installed, it's because the connection being losses as the time goes, if you notice how many times it been triggered in a day, and if you look to the connector, it just fix by hand with a screwdriver, what do you think happen if its like a pistons in the engine...
    The installer need time to install it, if in good condition by the costumer, sometimes the installer perfect the installation and those are not fail for years, for installer like me, i can give lifetime warranty for my work, just for that, not for the motor or the relay fail itself, its like a bulb, no warranty. just for the electrical's and loss connection.
    +1 with tsikotshop

malaki ang epekto kung ang installer barubal kung gumawa yung tipong today is okay but tomorrow is not sure

Actuator needs a very good and steady grounding dahil kapag nag loose yan may tendency na masunog in the long run. Remember na add-on lang ang actuator to some car model kaya walang provision ng grounding. What the installer did is tap it somewhere nalang, kung baga pa-tsam. Pag gumana ok na pero hindi pang matagalan

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nakatutok ka din dapat sa installer habang kinakabit... and mas maganda magtanong sa installer kung ano ano yung mga kinakabit, kung ano madalas masira etc... para once magkaproblema may idea ka din kung ano ang ipapagawa.

Central Door lock / Alarm for Hyundai Accent 1.4M?T