New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    I'm choosing between these two, I need your opinions, can you please list down the pros and cons?

2011 HYUNDAI ELANTRA GL 1.6L GAMMA D-CVVT M/T
    P 798,000.00

2011 HYUNDAI ACCENT GLS BLUE 1.6L GAMMA CVVT A/T
    P 808,000.00

2. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    i'm an accent owner. if i have the budget and choose those cars, i would choose elantra. why? it's the space (and the price, of course).

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    for me 1.6 accent kase a/t and sa specs like (side mirror repeater fug lamp oem 15 incher accent mags dual disc break harap likod) mas lamang ang accent kumpara mo sa mt na elantra. pero gusto ko din nang elantra yung 1.8 GLS model nila kasi sobrang bilis non

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    Elantra
    pros
    space
    looks
    higher class than accent
    MT masaya ihataw

cons
    MT, nakakapagod sa traffic
    less FC vs accent (maybe)

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Pros:

The Elantra has more space, better interior materials (by a bit), it's faster, has a light and sweet clutch and a good shifter, and it looks better. The handling and suspension are better, too.

The Accent has more toys.

Cons:

The 1.6 Elantra has an aftermarket 1DIN head-unit... though I don't know any enthusiast who'd see that as a con... you can simply swap it out and sell it to upgrade to a 2DIN nav-equipped screen. No steering wheel controls, though, whatever you do.

The Accent has a 4-speed automatic. It's not a problem in terms of speed, but in terms of fuel economy, it's not very impressive. The Elantra MT might even be better. And the rear suspension is too soft. Not an issue if you're driving alone in the city, but take it out on a highway like the SLEX or a bumpy road, and your shocks will be overloaded after the first three or four bumps.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    magkaibang category kung ako pipili elantra, simple lang dahil compact car na yun eh, ang accent subcompact lang mas gwapo din. tsaka ako nalang mag momodify ng mga accesories. btw i am a accent owner

7. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    For the fuel consumption I think hinde sila nagkakalayo. I have an elantra Mt and my fc is 10km per liter for the pure city driving, during rush hour yan. Combination naman ng city and highway is 11 to 14 km/l.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by callmenadz View Post
    for me 1.6 accent kase a/t and sa specs like (side mirror repeater fug lamp oem 15 incher accent mags dual disc break harap likod) mas lamang ang accent kumpara mo sa mt na elantra. pero gusto ko din nang elantra yung 1.8 GLS model nila kasi sobrang bilis non
    sir 16in po ung mags ng accent 1.6AT

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    I love my accent bro. Yung Elantra muntik ko ng kunin kase nawalan ako ng pagasa s accent black na marelease. Pero accent parin kunuha ko. Yung accent blue is a lot nicer than the Elantra kase entry level yung comparison mo. I think they have the same engine, 1.6 Gamma. AT lang ung isa. Ok, if you like to dress your ride sporty look, you go for Elantra kase ung ung mas bagay na porma dun.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

If you have the dough, go for the Elantra A/T...

14.3K:eathis:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Accent or Elantra