New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    How much po ba ang presyo ng Accent CRDi pag lumabas na?

Which would you rather get, Accent CRDi or Elantra M/T?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTS925 View Post
    How much po ba ang presyo ng Accent CRDi pag lumabas na?

Which would you rather get, Accent CRDi or Elantra M/T?
    Kalimitan 80-100Th difference sa basic model. Kaya kung 580K yung entry level, siguro between 680-700th ang crdi version.

Pareho din lang nung dating modelo, nasa ganyan ding presyo.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    I own a Hyundai Elantra! I Feel so gwapo kapag nakasakay ako. Takaw mata! Small difference in terms of Price kay accent so go for Elantra na din.

By the way, I was invited sa event ng Hyundai, One Hyundai Club Life in Style, free na naman daw ulit same as the Hyundai fun run. Check this site OHC Life in Style.

Elantra owners out there, Let's meet there!

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    had posted this but on a wrong thread... surely the elantra has more bells and whistles and more pricey. am looking for a possible replacement of my 2004 cvvt city.

will try to test drive the accent 1.6cvvt gamma (124PS) this weekend... let's see if it's good enough not to go to the elantra 1.8D-CVVT (150PS).

Accent (gamma 1.6 CVVT)
    - 124 PS / 6300 rpm
    - 15.9 kg-m/ 4200 rpm
    - rear parking assist system (with reverse camera)
    - smart key
    - engine start/stop button
    - 205/55 R16
    - headroom is higher (still looking for answer why)

Eantra 1.8 D-CVVT
    - 150 PS/6500
    - 18.2 kg-m/4700 rpm
    - parking guide system (sensor only)
    - cruise control
    - engine start/stop button
    - power driver seat
    - auto light control
    - 215/45 R17
    - 6 speed A/T

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I'd choose the Elantra just because its the best looking car in the lineup. Finish and size is also good, feels like more car for the money than the Accent.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Elantra ako even though im an accent owner. But since ang choices is either the top spec blue accent and base elantra...... Sa accent blue nako, simple reason that it being automatic. Nakakapagod mag drive ng city traffic with a manual. Personally ang kukunin ko yung elantra matic na 1.6, or go for the top of the line na 1.8. Negligible naman price difference lalu na kung financing, hindi mo na mararamdaman ang additional monthly payments

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Elantra for me.. no question about it.. feels more safe and luxurious..

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige View Post
    had posted this but on a wrong thread... surely the elantra has more bells and whistles and more pricey. am looking for a possible replacement of my 2004 cvvt city.

will try to test drive the accent 1.6cvvt gamma (124PS) this weekend... let's see if it's good enough not to go to the elantra 1.8D-CVVT (150PS).
    The cars handed to us are not actual test drive units (ODO readings, Accent = 12km and Elantra = 18km), for this reason we don’t go for an all-out test drive as the dealership gave us a limited driving distance but good enough to provide some notable observations. Similarly, cars are not on the same class but only try to convince myself if accent is good enough for me if given these choices.
    Elantra
    - acceleration is so smooth yielding a controlled sweet engine howl. The 1.8D-CVVT powerplant is so generous that matches fluidly with its 6-speed auto tranny (this combo alone provides me an alluring reason to get and drive an elantra)
    -The braking power is as good as what I feel with my 1.8S civic back home.
    -at corners, the stability control is good
    -driver and passenger space is ample laterally
    -exterior and interior design is well crafted. Really love that leather knitted steering wheel
    -these are the cons observed
    > if driver’s seat has to be adjusted to the max to gain its front hood’s view, headroom is not good enough for my height, i’m only 5’9”
    >again because of the headroom restraint, ingress and egress is not that friendly

Accent
    -the 1.6 CVVT engine acceleration is also good with respect to its size, but engine howl is more pronounced, heck, i just love that purring hum.
    -Engine shifting is noticeable while flooring the gas pedal but still smoother than my Honda 1.5 cvvt whilst at 7-speed mode.
    -Given with a disc brake type and lighter body, its braking power is likewise good
    -At corners, the stability control is also good
    -Driver and passenger space is ample
    -Pros observed
    >Headroom is better than the elantra
    >trunk is very spacious
    >Start/stop button and keyless entry is equally fun vs the elantra
    >A reverse camera, it can be an add-on to any other car, but as standard feature... extremely cool
    >Exterior and interior design is similarly superb

My final verdict: elantra stumped her smaller brethren in almost every aspect given that they’re not on the same plane. However, this generation of accent has enough power and cool features; it will be a standout across the current 1.6L car segment.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Na-invite din ako! I received an e-mail from One Hyundai Club regarding the event. Free nga daw according sa website nila, www.ohclifeinstyle.com.ph . Parang ang dami nga mangyayari sa event eh, nakaka excite. Sana ma-up na nila yung registration.

Hoping to see you guys there!

By the way, I'd also go for the Elantra. Design-wise, it looks better than the Accent!

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlucena View Post
    I own a Hyundai Elantra! I Feel so gwapo kapag nakasakay ako. Takaw mata! Small difference in terms of Price kay accent so go for Elantra na din.

By the way, I was invited sa event ng Hyundai, One Hyundai Club Life in Style, free na naman daw ulit same as the Hyundai fun run. Check this site OHC Life in Style.

Elantra owners out there, Let's meet there!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I go for Elantra, 1.6L AT ok na.
    Check nyo sa kabilang thread ang local review

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Accent or Elantra