The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Good buy or Goodbye?

1.6 Liter CRDi engine
    115ps*4000rpm
    26.0Kg-m*1900~2750rpm

The question is, are you willing to spend a million for one of these? Oh yeah! Not a typo... A MILLION!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's not a bad car... but the price for the specs as compared to the Focus and Accent diesel cars just doesn't do it any favors.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Exactly! I was quite astonished on the price tag for this unit. Given the same amount, smash that piggy bank and you can cash out a TDCi Focus and it's a no brainer to choose between the two.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's why Hyundai isn't pushing it as hard as it should... and why Honda and Toyota are still waffling on bringing their diesels here.

Fact-of-the-matter is: it's expensive to build and sell a modern diesel sedan. Crash integrity and sophistication make a good sedan more expensive than your common Asian van... and the CRDi engine makes it more expensive still.

Ford pulled a neat trick with the Focus TDCi... aided, no doubt, by their local manufacturing facilities and intelligent cost-cutting.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    How long has this been on the market?
    Haven't seen a single one yet.
    I'm 100% sure they'd actually be able to sell some Elantras if they brought in the cheaper 1.6 liter gasoline variant.

PS: Not sure since when, but Hyundai did lower the prices of the slow selling Sonata and Azera, maybe they should do the same for the Elantra.
    Sonata GLS 3.3 V6 P1.318M (as of late 2006 P1.468M)
    Sonata GLS 2.4 P1.238M (new for 2007?)
    Azera 3.3 V6 P1.758M (as of late 2006 P1.958M)
    Last edited by AG4; October 30th, 2007 at 05:57 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I think it's been here since June of this year. The 1.6 diesel is the only one they (Hyundai phils.) are offering here, don't know of any plans for the gasoline being imported here. With it being priced at Php 998,000.00 I think we'll rarely be able to see one on the streets...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The question is: Yes they have it here, but are they actively importing units?

It has supposedly been on sale for a long time, but Hyundai may only have a handful of units in the country.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Same here, I think Hyundai might just want to add another option for sedan buyers or just an experiment to see how the market here reacts on diesel sedans. Too bad it's not priced that competitive, but like sir AG4 said, Hyundai might lower the price or introduce the gasoline variant here or God knows what. Heck, they didn't even give an effort to put up adverts on this one. I don't know what tactics they're planning to do but if they want it to be bought, they simply might want the public to know that this one exist.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    JUST HANDSOME.... BUT with the hefty price tag, I don't think it'll attract buyers... but hey hu knows?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Before the Focus TDCi came out, the Elantra diesel was interesting -- after all it's fully decked out (top-end compact) and has the diesel. But with the Focus hatch for 5% more... no contest. Bigger diesel, better chassis..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
The all new 2007 Hyundai Elantra