New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just posting for a friend of mine..

nasira na raw kasi yung turbo nung starex nya....

1) nare-repair ba turbo nito? kung oo.. san meron reliable na gagawa?
    2) kung nde.. san makakabili ng surplus o bnew nito? magkano?
    3) sabi nung mekaniko.. same turbo as the one in the 99 pajero daw.. so anong model number nito?

sensya na.. nde ko sya matulungan kasi wala akong alam masyado sa starex.. kaya kayo kinukulit ko. .hehehe

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how can he say that the turbo is not working anymore?

unless he doesn't follow the "cool-down" procedure of turbo's when going through a long trip, it is practically durable. (i mean the turbine)

yes it can be repaired or in proper terms "rebuild". the turbine of the pajero & the starex are the same. (maybe) since the starex's engine is a mitsubishi-derived power plant.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I forgot the model number of the Pajero's turbo (T4?).

Yes turbos can be serviced and repaired. Just find a shop willing to do it. Most shops are too lazy to service turbos and will just ask you go get a new one.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    para malaman kung okey pa ang turbo.. tip lang po alisin yung intake then start the engine(do not rev the engine alisin lahat ng material na pwede higupin ng engine). tignan kung gumagalaw yung impeller or compressor ng turbo. pag umiikot okey yung turbo if not its bad. check for the oil sa turbo, kung mayroon oil yung turbo well need to replace na.
    yes, narerepair yung turbo pero suggest ko buy na lang ng iba kasi in long run masmakakatipis ka. pagnerepair yung turbo be sure na ipabalance mo. thks

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ngapala wala pa akong nakikitang shop dito sa 'pinas na nagooffer ng turbo "rebuild"

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What were the symptoms that made him conclude such (loss of power?noise?)? That could be a good starting point to see whats wrong...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    usually ang nasisira sa turbo are the bushings and oil seals. what are the symptoms of his starex that the mechanics concluded na sira na ang turbo?

if no power the waste gate may be stucked open, if may noise maybe the bushings, or something is stuck inside, if may oil could also be the bushing or the seals. to try to see if the bushings are gone remove intake and try to move the impeller if it moves up and down then it may need changing of bushing, also test if you can spin it by hand to check if there is something that hinders its movement. hope this helps.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the starex... simply just lost power.. then it started to emit smoke a lot...

first thing we checked was kung malinis ang injectors.. nde pa kasi napapalinis or calibrate ever since.. so pinalinis.. nabawasan usok.. pero walang hatak... had the fuel lines checked na rin for clogging.. nalinis na rin.. pero wala pa rin hatak.. and still some smoke...

it all boiled down to the turbo.. when we had it checked.. sabi ng mechanic.. to start looking for a surplus or bnew... ayun.. since he doesnt have a turbo timer or simply pagddating sa bahay.. patay kaagad (although sa loob ng village sila so yung cooldown nya i guess is the road inside the village).. ayun..

pero.. update lang.. bumili na lang kami ng surplus turbo from a paj.. 12K.. ayun. .balik hatak.. wala na rin usok.. so i guess turbo nga.. yun nga lnag.. 12k.. ehhee..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How much hatak was lost? Remember that there is a non-turbo Starex model (like Ungas') and hindi naman sobrang underpowered. It can still hold its own on the road.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    hi guys! this is out of thread but also about turbo..can you give me advise whether okay yun starex 99 model, automatic and gas fueled? a neighbor is selling for 330K, it is not turbo. di kaya 98 model ito? how much is the gasoline consumption? the owner told me that it consumes 8km to a liter..pwede ba unleaded gamitin? is it a wise buy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
99 Hyundai Starex Turbo query..