New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    nice car. kaya ang labo ng HARI eh. they stopped the model at CRDI MT. anong sense nun?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    why no love for the creta?

seems to be decent. slightly bigger than ecosport. bigger boot than ecosport.

dual-airbag even on base model which has list price of P918k. reasonable na

why aren't more people buying this car? maybe coz no one wants M/T anymore? the A/T gasoline is P988k.

but if you're looking for an M/T this car seems like a good alternative to the Ecosport. i mean if you're considering an ecosport then you shouldn't get the Power$hit version anyway (aka powershift DCT which has tons of problems) you should get the manual. Trend Black MT is P868k. konti nalang Creta na

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Because it's a Hyundai ... a lot of people had problems with the Hyundai Tucson before ... and many swore never to get another Hyundai or Korean car ...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Because it's a Hyundai ... a lot of people had problems with the Hyundai Tucson before ... and many swore never to get another Hyundai or Korean car ...
    damn! what kinds of problems on the tucson? major ones? you think the creta gasoline would suffer the same fate?

it's funny that the Ecosport also gots tons of problems w/ the DCT but people are still buying them major problems like having to get towed and have the ENTIRE tranny replaced

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    why no love for the creta?

seems to be decent. slightly bigger than ecosport. bigger boot than ecosport.

dual-airbag even on base model which has list price of P918k. reasonable na

why aren't more people buying this car? maybe coz no one wants M/T anymore? the A/T gasoline is P988k.

but if you're looking for an M/T this car seems like a good alternative to the Ecosport. i mean if you're considering an ecosport then you shouldn't get the Power$hit version anyway (aka powershift DCT which has tons of problems) you should get the manual. Trend Black MT is P868k. konti nalang Creta na
    They dont have a decent wading depth. ecosport in showrooms always have 550mm wading depth posters. cross shopping with 1m budget.. madami choices.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    They dont have a decent wading depth. ecosport in showrooms always have 550mm wading depth posters. cross shopping with 1m budget.. madami choices.

marketing BS lang yan 550mm. here's what the Ecosport manual says. 20cm daw pag emergency LOL

if you read the ecosport thread there's an owner w/ defective transmission that Ford is denying warranty coverage because they allege that it's been driven through a flood.

so the in the real world if you drive the ecosport through a flood the metal quenches and creates vaccum, sucks water through breather holes and such orifices. then ford voids your warranty on that failure-prone DCT. wala rin

anyway, what other options at around 1M? BR-V?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    breather for the tranny was probably submerged. hence water went inside.. driver went thru over 500mm water..

Ford Ecosport crosses river - YouTube

Last edited by StockEngine; September 3rd, 2017 at 07:42 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    it's funny that the Ecosport also gots tons of problems w/ the DCT but people are still buying them major problems like having to get towed and have the ENTIRE tranny replaced

The people who bought them now won't be buying another Ford ... ever ... that is why the Toyota Fortuner is selling well despite the fact that the Ford Everest has more features ... these are the people who had bad experiences with the Ford Expedition when it was first released locally ...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I bought the 2017 ecosport last June specifically for my wife who wants a small AT "suv" for peace of mind during rainy days. She has moved over from 8 year old jimny after encountering recurring issues with the aircon and the wiggle. She drives around the city only since we have the forester for long drives and off roads. So far we have never encoutered an issue with the ecosport sans the usual jerk at low gear which is common with the dct. It has only a little over 1K on the mileage and titanium base. I have read in FB about newer titanium models having problems with the dct but it could be due to driving habit. If I drive the ecosport going up to Baguio and treat it like a forester, I am pretty sure the tranny will break down.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    baket naging ecosport thread 'to. is it because nobody wants this honda city of the 90s of an SUV lol kaya ecosport na lang pinagusapan. seriously, why would Hyundai even offer this pa in the market, ngaun failure sya and they're bringing in the Kona. the design is so outdated I just think it looks like a first gen Honda City raised.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast