New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Hello guys ano pong magandang magwheels na kakasya sa 2014 4wd crdi tucson?
    Gusto ko po kasi ng all terrain tires pero wala po akong alam Dito sa pinas.
    And gusto ko po sana e customize yung tucson ko pero wla akong makitang mga accessories for 2014 tucson... thank you

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    ambaba naman ng ground clearance ng tucson, i dont know how even putting an AT tire would help you traverse an off-road. worse scenario, bad FC lang kalalabasan mo

I tried offroading my Santa Fe sa mountains of tanay, sabi ko sayo, parang gusto na umiyak ng SF ko. di ko na inulet ulet

3. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    ambaba naman ng ground clearance ng tucson, i dont know how even putting an AT tire would help you traverse an off-road. worse scenario, bad FC lang kalalabasan mo

I tried offroading my Santa Fe sa mountains of tanay, sabi ko sayo, parang gusto na umiyak ng SF ko. di ko na inulet ulet
    Iba po ba talaga ang riding compfort pag mid-size suv sa offroad?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If the offroading you plan to do requires more than what its stock form can do, I'd suggest taller, AT tires and perhaps a lift kit for improved grip and higher ground clearance. Though I don't know how big of an improvement that will give.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    If the offroading you plan to do requires more than what its stock form can do, I'd suggest taller, AT tires and perhaps a lift kit for improved grip and higher ground clearance. Though I don't know how big of an improvement that will give.

Thanks po sa advice any suggestion po kung anong size na AT tires and anong brand na lift kit?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropzero View Post
    Thanks po sa advice any suggestion po kung anong size na AT tires and anong brand na lift kit?
    Honestly, I am not very knowledgable with off road accessories since I much prefer doing engine mods. 2014 tucson off-road customization

But it really boils down first and foremost on how much you are willing to spend for these modifications. Are you only going to change the tires? Or will you change the rims too? How much higher do you want the ride height to go? What sort of terrain do you plan on tackling?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Honestly, I am not very knowledgable with off road accessories since I much prefer doing engine mods. 2014 tucson off-road customization

But it really boils down first and foremost on how much you are willing to spend for these modifications. Are you only going to change the tires? Or will you change the rims too? How much higher do you want the ride height to go? What sort of terrain do you plan on tackling?

Ako rin po hehe... wla ako masyadong alam sa mga off road accesories since yung mga kotse ko kasi sa japan ay mga sedans...
    Gusto ko kasing gumanda yung looks nya and maimprove yung off road driving compfort kahit konte.. and bumabaha kasi dito saamin minsan.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ako rin po hehe... wla ako masyadong alam sa mga off road accesories since yung mga kotse ko kasi sa japan ay mga sedans...
    Gusto ko kasing gumanda yung looks nya and maimprove yung off road driving compfort kahit konte.. and bumabaha kasi dito saamin minsan.
    We have a Carnival, and it used to scrape its chin a lot when we were in Baguio. Upsized it from 225/70/R16 to 245/70/R16. No more scraping.

Since it seems that you're not really into serious offroading, I'd suggest you start with the AT tires. Perhaps 245/65/R17? That's the Strada's stock size. Check if it fits the wheel wells. But do take note that AT tires are generally noisier than their highway counterparts and usually have lower speed rating.

If you are still unsatisfied, then go with the lift.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    We have a Carnival, and it used to scrape its chin a lot when we were in Baguio. Upsized it from 225/70/R16 to 245/70/R16. No more scraping.

Since it seems that you're not really into serious offroading, I'd suggest you start with the AT tires. Perhaps 245/65/R17? That's the Strada's stock size. Check if it fits the wheel wells. But do take note that AT tires are generally noisier than their highway counterparts and usually have lower speed rating.

If you are still unsatisfied, then go with the lift.

Is that KIA Carnival? Btw thanks for your suggestions

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Is that KIA Carnival? Btw thanks for your suggestions
    Yep. 2010 Kia Carnival LX LWB. It was simply too low for me. Even with tires the same size as the Trooper (which has a very respectable 215mm ground clearance) we used to have, it was still low.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast