New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Hi guys,

I just got a 2012 accent 1.4 M/T. 1,040Km on my odo, will be going to the Casa in a day or two from today.

Everything is nice except that I noticed one thing. When "awkwardly" (too early release of clutch, too much pressure on gas pedal) shifting from 1st gear to 2nd gear, I hear a significantly loud, chain-like rattle.

I searched the forums and found something similar to my issue:

From: http://tsikot.com/forums/hyundai-car...97/index2.html
    Quote Originally Posted by iskotseifrinic View Post
    Mine is 1.4 M/T.

Problem: it just occurred last week. I can hear a noise once I change gear or when I'm on a low gear 1st and 2nd gear... when I stepped on the gas pedal and release it or from reverse to 1st gear. I think it's the velocity joint making the sound (not sure though) but it's an annoying sound especially on a brand new car and it's just a month and 8 days old. What is the best thing to do with this mga bro?

Fuel consumption:
    MOA to Tagaytay with slight traffic at Bacoor 9.65 liters / 91.3 kms = 9.461kms/L at speed of 70-90kph. So far ung batak nya superb parin lakas ng hatak with the shell V-power.
    I wonder that this is?

For sure I'll be mentioning this to the casa on my 1st 1,000Km pms. So far this is my only problem with the 2012 Accent.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Ok, I just got stuck in traffic for 3 hours. I think this is the dreaded engine knock issue. Low power + Loud Knocking sound from the engine when the car is pretty heated up.

Heat up the car, park it, get into neutral, rev by pressing gas pedal abruptly, CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK until it reaches ~1.4rpm

3. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Looks like it. You may want to have an ECU upgrade (EURO 2 daw). Some of the members in FB have feedback. You may want to check the Accent group there.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Classic case of engine knocking..
    Guys you can quote me on this, wala pang solution sa engine knocking. Kahit anong euro version pa yan the engine will still knock.palit ecu talaga ang solution dyan. Yung akin naka ilang versions na pero wala parin. at hindi nila papalitan ang ecu mo unless there is tremendous pressure in your part. Kung may kilala kang judge, pulitiko or anybody who can throw their weight around mapapapalitan mo yan. Ako humugot nako ng connections para lang maayos yung bwisit na unit ko. Halos isang taon din ako nagtyaga.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    ^ iba talaga pag may posisyon sa lipunan. iba ang asikaso... hay, kaya todos alaga at ingat na lang ako sa auto ko... lapit na rin 5k pms ko. ma-open nga sa SA yang issue ng genesis coupe ng judge :D

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    hello guys!

im just new here in tsikot. and i just bought my new hyundai accent 2012 1.4 m/t last dec 2011,

what can you suggest for me to monitor in my car?

thanks!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by erj22 View Post
    ^ iba talaga pag may posisyon sa lipunan. iba ang asikaso... hay, kaya todos alaga at ingat na lang ako sa auto ko... lapit na rin 5k pms ko. ma-open nga sa SA yang issue ng genesis coupe ng judge :D
    Actually, hindi naman kelangan may posisyon. basta kahit papano kilala kang tao mapa celebrity o basketball player todo asikaso ka na. First hand experience ko ito sa Hyundai greenhills.yung santa fe ko hindi daw magagawa kesyo walang mekaniko na pumasok. Tapos nung dumating yung Starex na ang owner si maricar allado asikaso agad, pasok agad sa service area.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mincy Maniego View Post
    hello guys!

im just new here in tsikot. and i just bought my new hyundai accent 2012 1.4 m/t last dec 2011,

what can you suggest for me to monitor in my car?

thanks!
    Nothing out of the ordinary, i just wish you luck. you're good to go as long as nothing breaks down.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    I'm off to Hyundai Alabang today for the 1st 1,000 PMS. Will keep you guys posted.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Hyundai Alabang immediately acknowledged the engine knock issue as soon as they started the car and rev'd it in neutral. It was obviously knocking! On the way to Alabang (from Makati), I also felt the power loss/hesitation, which is now obvious.

The steps that they will do are as follows (and as expected):

-Update the ECU software then do some tests.
    -If it still knocks after a couple of software updates, then they will replace the ECU itself.

It seems that the ECU is giving a very lean air/fuel mixture.

I hope they don't "test drive" it so much during the process though, as this means accelerated wear/tear inside my engine (especially aluminum block pa naman). Engine knock can be diagnosed through the console (laptop connected to the ECU)!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast