New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Hi mga Tsikoteers! I'm currently torn between the all-new accent 1.4 manual vs. 1.4 automatic. My main use will be for home-to-work commute. I like the manual transmission because it is cheaper and it is more fuel efficient. However, I do not like the fact that it does not have a central doorlock and no keyless entry yet. Also the tires are steel rimmed. With the 1.4 a/t the unit price is more expensive but the car is already complete- with central doorlocks, keyless entry, magwheels, etc.

We plan to use the car for more than 5 years. Our dilemma is if in case we go for the 1.4 a/t, how big is its fuel consumption difference to that of the m/t? Negligible lang ba especially if we will use the shiftronic, not the pure "D", which is available in the 1.4 a/t?

Please help. Your inputs will be most helpful.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    sir, from what i have read here in tsikot accent threads matipid din ang a/t na 1.4. mga 10+ km/liter din ang consumption. correct me if i am wrong mga tsikoteers

aside from that you get airbags and abs for the 1.4 at. so sulit na din yung added 100k.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bladee View Post
    Hi mga Tsikoteers! I'm currently torn between the all-new accent 1.4 manual vs. 1.4 automatic. My main use will be for home-to-work commute. I like the manual transmission because it is cheaper and it is more fuel efficient. However, I do not like the fact that it does not have a central doorlock and no keyless entry yet. Also the tires are steel rimmed. With the 1.4 a/t the unit price is more expensive but the car is already complete- with central doorlocks, keyless entry, magwheels, etc.

We plan to use the car for more than 5 years. Our dilemma is if in case we go for the 1.4 a/t, how big is its fuel consumption difference to that of the m/t? Negligible lang ba especially if we will use the shiftronic, not the pure "D", which is available in the 1.4 a/t?

Please help. Your inputs will be most helpful.
    Fuel consumption between A/T and M/T for variable valve engines don't vary much. VVTI's can afford to operate at low rpm's. Because of this I observe that variable valve AT's kahit anong make at easy acceleration changes gear at or below 2000rpm. So, if you change gear in MT in this range, you basically get similar result. I don't know what type of AT trans does the accent have (hopefully lock-up torque converter type), but the ZF trans in my hyundai doesn't slide at all; parang manual. Some AT's are even adoptive whether you are aggressive or passive in accelerating.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Doon ka na sa AT kesa manual.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    sa mga bagong AT transmission halos di na pansin ang difference ng consumption sa MT especially kung puro traffic ang rota mo.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    sa mga bagong AT transmission halos di na pansin ang difference ng consumption sa MT especially kung puro traffic ang rota mo.
    IMO kung sa traffic jam wala na nga siguro mararamdaman pati straight h-ways. Sa twisting roads and uphill climbing na lang siguro meron.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    hindi naman matipid ang M/T in the long run kahit may konti tipid ka sa gasolina

M/T more mechanical parts hence more prone to repairs/replacement in the future

sa panahon ngaun sayang lang bumibili ng M/T para ka bumili ng cellphone na sliding door, mas mechanical mas dami chances masiri

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    question ano ba complete specs nyan 1.4 A/T. i have ridden the 1.4MT and boy it drives fast and okey na ang suspension and handling. if not for the lack of airbags, and the M/T problem in the future, eto na lang kukunin ko para kay misis

so 1.4 at comes with airbags, central locks, keyless entry? how about ABS? and how about mags, steel rims pa din ba?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    all power with ABS/EBD and 14" alloy wheels

10. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaboot View Post
    question ano ba complete specs nyan 1.4 A/T. i have ridden the 1.4MT and boy it drives fast and okey na ang suspension and handling. if not for the lack of airbags, and the M/T problem in the future, eto na lang kukunin ko para kay misis

so 1.4 at comes with airbags, central locks, keyless entry? how about ABS? and how about mags, steel rims pa din ba?
    1.4 a/t comes with airbags, central locks, keyless entry, ABS, mags, tilt steering, 60:40 foldable rear seats para mas bigger ang trunk space, door handles- body color. BTW, with the tilt steering, any feedback on this?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast