New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyRider View Post
    Wow si Fafa SG bibili na ng Tucson! Yehey!!!

Pasakay naman ha! (hehehehe)

OT: para kanino naman yang Sig mo? (hehehehe) Bulong mo sakin! (hehehe)
    klasse ko muna bago pasakay

ikaw rin bumili na ng Tucson. ipag palit mo na yung SF hahaha

si ano yun ate :secret:

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GREEN HORNET View Post
    Thanks, lamborghinione. Based on my THIRD full tank computations; CITY DRIVING : Marikina, Ortigas, New Manila, The Fort, & Quezon City....... medium to very heavy traffic; 10 day old Tucson (A/T) - (present mileage - 500KM); [SIZE=5]aggressive driving[/SIZE] (70%) ........ I got 6.28 km/liter ( PETRON XTRA-UNLEADED). Musta kaya consumption nung iba. kindly post naman your Tucs' KPL. Thank you.
    Bro, paki define nga yung aggressive driving...parang ganyan din yata driving style ko ngayon eh...sarap ihataw paminsan minsan.

For city driving alone, I get pretty much the same as yours...minsan umaangat close to 7km/liter. I've not measured manually though so di talaga ako sure.

Byahe kaming Clark tomorrow. I'll get to experience a mix of city and highway driving. Measure ko rin manually and share with the group the resulting fuel consumption.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    wow kumpleto na kulay! Time for E.B.
    I think we're still missing the Gray Titanium. Once someone with that color signs up in the roster, time na talaga mag EB.

We can do Starbucks at Metro Walk or Krispy Kreme at Bonifacio High Street...sagot ko na

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bynnos View Post
    I think we're still missing the Gray Titanium. Once someone with that color signs up in the roster, time na talaga mag EB.

We can do Starbucks at Metro Walk or Krispy Kreme at Bonifacio High Street...sagot ko na
    ayos! kelan toh? hahaha...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bynnos View Post
    Bro, paki define nga yung aggressive driving...parang ganyan din yata driving style ko ngayon eh...sarap ihataw paminsan minsan.

For city driving alone, I get pretty much the same as yours...minsan umaangat close to 7km/liter. I've not measured manually though so di talaga ako sure.

Byahe kaming Clark tomorrow. I'll get to experience a mix of city and highway driving. Measure ko rin manually and share with the group the resulting fuel consumption.
    By aggressive, I mean overtaking other cars whenever the road is clear and not observing the 2k rpm limit. Doing 100 to 120 (very rare) in C5 ....... Ang sarap naman kasi ng handling ng Tucs d ba? You glide effortlessly and you are so relaxed even during heavy traffic. I've had a , a Honda Civic 1.8S A/T, Montero A/T 4x4 GLS and a Ford Focus A/T 2.0 TDCi Powershift. Sold the Monty for a Focus and just sold the Focus for the Tucs. For now I am happy with my Tucs though I get 6.23 to 6.28kpl with it- city driving. I must admit, however, that with the Focus I was more confident at speeds beyond 140km/hr and its fuel consumption is admirable coupled with its remarkable torque. Sabi ng anak ko mas appropriate daw ang Tucs sa akin kasi pang bagets daw yung Focus. Overall the Tucs is a fun vehicle with user friendly amenities.

BTW meron ka ba nakita na green LED between the Tachometer and Speedometer? I read that this lights up whenever you are operating your Tucs at very economical levels.

Have a safe trip tomorrow and please post your observations. Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rommel0203 View Post
    mga ser medyo matagal ko ng inaabangan ang tucson ix n yan kelan kya lalabas ang crdi nyan, may balita naba kung kelan.
    March or April 2010 sya lalabas..May demo unit na ang HARI pero for media use only at tinitignan pa nila kung puwede ang fuel quality ng diesel rito sa new engines nila.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    BTW meron ka ba nakita na green LED between the Tachometer and Speedometer? I read that this lights up whenever you are operating your Tucs at very economical levels.

Have a safe trip tomorrow and please post your observations. Thanks!
    Got back from Clark today...mega shopping si Misis sa duty free ng mga chocolates, spam. chips, sabon, etc. Muntik na di magkasya sa likod ng Tucson

Had a full tank at Shell Balagtas...drove a total of 185 kms...165 kms in NLEX/Clark and about 20 kms side trip to Malabon then home to Mandaluyong.

By the time I excited Balintawak on the way back, the readout showed 8.2L/100km...that's about 12.2km/L for highway driving. Of course, alalay lang sa accelerator. Speed was just between 80km - 100km with the tachometer hovering at around 1750-2000 rpm. I could feel na kayang-kayang humataw but I resisted the urge to do so.

With a bit of driving in EDSA and Malabon, the readout went up to 8.5L/100km...or around 11.8km/L. Pero late evening na so light traffic na lang.

I'm sure it will go up once I start driving in daytime traffic. I'll drive around some more until 50/50 na yung split ng highway and city before I get a full tank again and measure manually.

As for the vehicle itself, I'm enjoying every bit of it so far. Nice handling, comfortable ride, cool and quiet interior, power when you need it and lots of smiles and glances from other passing vehicles (even got a thumbs up)...particularly from drivers of the old Tucson

Standby for further updates...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006

!
    paki confirm naman to? parang wala ako napapansin na ganyan

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^

Taken from netcarshow.com http://www.netcarshow.com/hyundai/2010-tucson/

"FUEL ECONOMY INNOVATIONS

To help Hyundai Tucson drivers get the most out of their vehicles, Hyundai added a standard trip computer and economy indicator. The trip computer provides distance to empty, average fuel consumption, average vehicle speed, elapsed time and instant fuel economy. The "Eco Indicator" on automatic transmission models nestled between the speedometer and tachometer displays a green LED light in accordance with fuel-efficient driving behavior. Fuel savings in the range of 15 to 17 percent are attainable with the automatic Eco Indicator. Manual transmission models have a shift indicator to inform drivers of the optimal time to upshift and downshift. Fuel savings in the range 7 to 9 percent are attainable with the manual Eco Gear Shift Indicator.

Further gains in fuel efficiency have been realized by the Motor-Driven Power Steering system which delivers excellent responsiveness and accurate handling."

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    ^

Taken from netcarshow.com http://www.netcarshow.com/hyundai/2010-tucson/

"FUEL ECONOMY INNOVATIONS

To help Hyundai Tucson drivers get the most out of their vehicles, Hyundai added a standard trip computer and economy indicator. The trip computer provides distance to empty, average fuel consumption, average vehicle speed, elapsed time and instant fuel economy. The "Eco Indicator" on automatic transmission models nestled between the speedometer and tachometer displays a green LED light in accordance with fuel-efficient driving behavior. Fuel savings in the range of 15 to 17 percent are attainable with the automatic Eco Indicator. Manual transmission models have a shift indicator to inform drivers of the optimal time to upshift and downshift. Fuel savings in the range 7 to 9 percent are attainable with the manual Eco Gear Shift Indicator.

Further gains in fuel efficiency have been realized by the Motor-Driven Power Steering system which delivers excellent responsiveness and accurate handling."
    ..........ngunit, subalit, datapwat, ......... wala akong nakitang LED light nga eh........... baka sa 2.4 AWD or Premium models lang itong feature na to.

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
2010 Tucson ix Owner's Roster