New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Hi everyone, i'm seeing a lot more Tucson Ix on the road. Buti dumadami na tayo.

If anyone has feedback, I'm interested to find out what the average consumption is on their new Tucsons... Im a bit dissappointed with mine and unsure if it changes as the mileage ramps up out of the break-in period. Or if maybe changing to higher octane ratings improves it.

Mileage clocked: 1,800km
    Average consumption city driving: 15li/100km. Thats about 6.6km/li.
    Im using Shell Xtra Unleaded. I drive through moderate-heavy traffic in SLEX, Eastwood and Ortigas.

Hiway driving (Manila-Pangasinan) clocked 9li/100km or 11km/li. And that's with a heavy foot already sa NLEX-SCTEX. FC would've been better if I kept it under 100km.

Your thoughts?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by agentk98 View Post
    Hi everyone, i'm seeing a lot more Tucson Ix on the road. Buti dumadami na tayo.

If anyone has feedback, I'm interested to find out what the average consumption is on their new Tucsons... Im a bit dissappointed with mine and unsure if it changes as the mileage ramps up out of the break-in period. Or if maybe changing to higher octane ratings improves it.

Mileage clocked: 1,800km
    Average consumption city driving: 15li/100km. Thats about 6.6km/li.
    Im using Shell Xtra Unleaded. I drive through moderate-heavy traffic in SLEX, Eastwood and Ortigas.

Hiway driving (Manila-Pangasinan) clocked 9li/100km or 11km/li. And that's with a heavy foot already sa NLEX-SCTEX. FC would've been better if I kept it under 100km.

Your thoughts?
    Am getting the same kpl -city driving (6.5kpl) on my Tucson GLS 2WD A/T, since I got it last Dec. 09, 2009. Si e-machine gets 8 to a high of 10kpl city driving. The best I got so far was 8.3 kpl-city driving just after Christmas.........at maluwag ang traffic.

Depende yan sa route mo and traffic.

If memory serves me right I read an article regarding the F.C. of the new corolla altis 2.0 liter A/T dual vvti (same volume displacement as our tucson and dual cvvt) doing even less than 6kpl on city driving.

musta kaya FC nung iba nating fellow tucson-tsikoteers?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    avg FC ko moderate traffic is around 10l/100km to as low as 12.5l/100km. sobrang gaan na yun tapak ko nyan and my mileage is 4k+..

hway pala nagawa ko was 6l/100km.. trying to bring it down to 5l/100km kaso biglang nagtrapik na hehehe.

pero na try ko sya bumper to bumper traffic, computer readout is 14l/100km or around 7kpl.. nung bago yun oto naranasan ko yan 6.5kpl na FC. then after PMS medjo nag improve. btw, i'm using fully synthetic oil and pili yun gas station kung san ako nagpapakarga... HTH

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    emachine, ano average speed mo nyan?

baka hindi ko kayanin yung average speed para mapatipid sa gas ang iX

at mataas na yung mileage mo ah :shocked2:

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    emachine: Ah, that's more reassuring. It gets better din pala. What octane rating yung fuel if I may ask?

GreenHornet, may pag-asa pa pala tayo.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    agentk98, sir maganda na yung fuel mo. Shell. pero try mo yung V-Power kahit isang full tank muna tapos sundin lang mga tips ni emachine. tingnan natin kung magiging better yung FC nya dad ko kasi nag work sa Shell so alam namin kung gaano kalinis at kaganda ang formula ng mga gas ng Shell at sabi rin nung SA sa Wheels recommended gas daw nila ay V-power for Tucson

ako natatakot talaga sa magiging FC ng 2.4 4WD :cry:

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    i am averaging 10-12 L/100km as well on city driving. my usual trips take me through sm north - sta lucia -libis -then back to sm north. i use seaoil extreme 97 octane.

recently, i went up to baguio, i was able to achieve 5L/100 kms, my speed was 80kph. but the average consumption i got in the highway was 6.5 -7.5 L/100kms and i was running only 100 - 110 kph, when i ran faster at 130kph, FC went up to 8.5 L/100 kms.

also, i was able to reach 180kph with the ac off. actually, pwede ko pa pigain kaso natakot na ko, i am not that confident that the vehicle is designed to run that fast...napansin ko maliit yung disk brakes and calipers, baka mahirapan mag stop pag kinailangan.

when i first got my tucson, mataas din FC ko, city driving was at 18L/100 kms.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    10L/100km is a good number for me (para di na magcompute lol!) well that is city and traffic driving...

medyo easy na lang ako sa reving pag umabot na ng 12+L/100km (roughy 8km/L)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    accurate ba ang computer ng tucson?
    what i do is i fill up with 20L or 40L then check how many kilometers ang natatakbo ko (gas warning light comes up, fill-up then set KM reading to 0, gas warning light comes up, check the KMs run)

i'm getting 7-8km/liter on a 4x2 tucson city driving (qc-ortigas-fort)

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Starex_Gold: Thanks for the valuable insider feedback. Shell nalang ako kung ganon. I'll try V-power next week to see how much FC changes and let y'all know.
    Don't worry about the 4x4 FC. Gwapo naman chrome grill mo sir! The complete Tucson ix look. Di pa ko pinapayagan ni misis bumili nyan eh. 18k pa sa casa.

mackieboy: I read somewhere else that the Hyundai on-board readings are pretty accurate daw. Although at some point I'm still going to test it via the fill-refill way.

caster: Woah! 5L/100km is really good. (20km/li). Parehas kami ni taintedwhistler, 10L/100km ang borderline. Kaso, di ko yata kaya mag 80kph sa freeway. I'll fail that marshmallow test.

May I ask all those that have vastly improved their FC in the ix, ano yung mileage ninyo when it improved? 4k ba?

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
2010 Tucson ix average fuel consumption