New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Which is the best among these: TCI, CRDI of HARI and CVX of gray markets?
    Here are the factors:
    1. Performance
    2. Comfort
    3. Fuel Efficiency
    4. Maintenance (Include parts availability/cost and pms cost per visit)
    5. Resale Value
    Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I guess that if you have the budget, labanan na lang iyan ng CRDi VGT ng HARI vs. CVX ng gray market...

Value for money,- gray market.

Also, bro.>>> don't think too far in the future,- bibilhin mo pa lang,- resale value na kaagad ang iniisip mo...

The rest, halos pareho na...

16.8K:laundry:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di ba mas mahal maintenance ng HARI kasi every 3 months? ano ba PM schedule sa gray market dealers?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    gray market na. iwas pa sa sakit ng ulo. boycott HARI

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^tama! boycott hari!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    TCI IMHO, is more value for money. Practical. Cheaper to maintain, too. It already has all the space you need... just add what toys and luxuries you want... leatherette seat covers, video player, etcetera.

But if you're getting CRDi, there are some nice deals amongst the gray market distributors.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    TCI IMHO, is more value for money. Practical. Cheaper to maintain, too. It already has all the space you need... just add what toys and luxuries you want... leatherette seat covers, video player, etcetera.

But if you're getting CRDi, there are some nice deals amongst the gray market distributors.
    kasi TCI GS ko

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Tci sulit na sir. Lakas lang tlaga ng power ng crdi parang pang karerang van...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    We have 2 CVX's in the family, yung akin when I purchased it, it was a no brainer since panalo talaga sa features ang gray market GS compared to the local units(HARI). Then 9 months later my mom was in the market for a new van and since she's ridden my GS already, she liked the convenience of the 2 sliding doors versus 1 door only on her old GRX. Since it was to be driven by the driver for the most part, we set our sights on the TCI A/T model, at that time it was priced at 1.458M, which I thought was too much since we were able to find a gray market unit for P1.570M, IMHO, the extra 112k (at that time) convinced us that the CVX is the way to go for all the extra features, I think sa engine pa lang, yung extra 112k eh sulit na sulit na.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    We have 2 CVX's in the family, yung akin when I purchased it, it was a no brainer since panalo talaga sa features ang gray market GS compared to the local units(HARI). Then 9 months later my mom was in the market for a new van and since she's ridden my GS already, she liked the convenience of the 2 sliding doors versus 1 door only on her old GRX. Since it was to be driven by the driver for the most part, we set our sights on the TCI A/T model, at that time it was priced at 1.458M, which I thought was too much since we were able to find a gray market unit for P1.570M, IMHO, the extra 112k (at that time) convinced us that the CVX is the way to go for all the extra features, I think sa engine pa lang, yung extra 112k eh sulit na sulit na.
    Assuming that the TCi variant can do 7Km/L and the CRDi/VGT variant, 8.5Km/L on the average.

Then, the CRDi variant can save 1L of diesel fuel in (8.5Km/L*7.0Km/L)/(1.5Km/L)= 39.6667Km (vs. the TCi variant)

With diesel at P44/L; and price difference between TCi and CRDi/VGT at P112,000,- ROI would be:

P112,000*39.6667Km/(P44/L) = 100,969Km
    (At this mileage the TCi would have consumed 14,424L and the CRDi/VGT would have consumed 11,878L. Difference would be 2,545L, and at P44/L,- it would be approx P112,000)

16.8K:laundry:
    Last edited by CVT; September 4th, 2012 at 09:27 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast