New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Hi Guys, I bought a 2nd-hand 2006 Hyundai Starex CRDI 2 years ago. When I bought it the van drove really well and i didn't have a problem with the power. Up until late 2011 when we brought it to Rapide to fix the oil leak we have been noticing. Rapide told us they could do the job. What was supposed to be a P10,000 estimate. Turned out to be a nightmarish P52,000, and still was not able to bring the engine back to its previous state.

Currently, we are having problems starting the engine. We brought the vehicle to several mechanics, only to be disappointed. We have spend another P40,000, changing fuel filter, high pressure fuel pump, etc.. And while it will work for a few days, the problem goes back. Eventually a mechanic told us to pour a cap full of gasoline inside the air intake to jumpstart the engine. We have been doing it for the past 4 months.

I don't want to bring it to just any mechanic, but at the same time i also don't want to bring it to the casa (could be last resort). Does anyone know of a very good Starex mechanic. Please let me know. Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    your mistake was bringing it to rapide. i would not be surprised if they were the cause of your engine problems.

go ask a 2nd hand car dealer that sells a GRX. those 2nd hand car dealers have some of the best mechanics around.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    i know. i was just having regular maintenance check-up done, but decided to have the leak fixed as well. supposedly it was just top gasket replacement, and ended up changing so many other parts. the worst service center ever. they are only good at change oil and wheel alignment

Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    your mistake was bringing it to rapide. i would not be surprised if they were the cause of your engine problems.

go ask a 2nd hand car dealer that sells a GRX. those 2nd hand car dealers have some of the best mechanics around.

4. Join Date
    May 2012
    kung nagpalit po ng mga oil seal sa harap tulad po ng camshaft, crankshaft oil seal, ang maaaring isang cause po ay timing, kung nagpalit naman po ng cylinder head gasket tulad po ng nasabi nyo.. eh may loose compression, ibig ko pong sabihin di po maganda ang lapat ng gasket between the cylinder head at engine block... sa mga replacement parts minsan nangyayari po ito

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Bring it to Fronte in Banawe.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    Bring it to Fronte in Banawe.
    Yes, the mechanics at Fronte are good. I used to bring our Starex there too.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Yes bring it to fronte. Alam nila mga sakit ng starex.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    You can observe it while they are servicing your van pa. So you have an idea and visually check kung ano sinasabi nila needs replacement etc.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    useful tong info na to ah .. thank you din

10. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Sir, Is there any good mechanic around las piñas area and know how to fix the starex engine very well? Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast