New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Guys, Can you please enlighten me what year was 1st gen , 2nd gen and 3rd gen came out in PHDM? Also what is the existing price for 2nd hand? What is the difference between the 3? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    gen 1: came out between 1997-1998,called the svx, engine is turbo diesel only, not yet intercooled, power is a measly 88hp, no hood scoop and fenders are prone to rust. in 1999 they introduced the turbo intercooled version or tci, nothing has changed except for the hood scoop for the intercooler. power is now improved to 100hp

gen2: also called the millenium starex, came out in year 2000,cosmetic changes include dual crystal headlights,corner lights and crystal rear lamps, chrome tooth grill, engine remains the same as the 1999 model.

gen3: came out in 2004-2007,called the grx, nose was facelifted as well as change to new design 15" rims. grill was enlarged as well as the headlghts,rear bumpers are squared off, a crdi engine with 145hp was offered for this variant although the tci engine is still available, instrument cluster was also changed for this model

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    bratski, Thanks a lot. The latest one now Gen4?

I'm thinking of getting a 2000 model up to where my budget will allow me.
    Coil spring susp na ba yun rear ng 2000 model? TIA

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    coil na po ung sa rear ng starex basta ung swb. 2000mdl po maganda na ung headlight.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell View Post
    bratski, Thanks a lot. The latest one now Gen4?

I'm thinking of getting a 2000 model up to where my budget will allow me.
    Coil spring susp na ba yun rear ng 2000 model? TIA
    yup, the big one you see on the roads today (big in size and price hehe)is the latest gen4, it also has the crdi engine with variable geometry turbo so power moved up to 170hp, but the tci engine with 100hp is also available.

all starexes from 1997 up to the present has the rear coil spring suspension. except for the long wheel base version called "jumbo" which has the leaf springs. best bet is to buy the 2003 model as it is the last of the gen2 or millenium series. price differences for the gen2 starex (2000-2003)would be very minimal. getting the 2000 model would already be a big gamble on your part as the van is already 9 years old and it probably has more wear and tear than the 2003 model. goodluck on your hunt, im also currently hunting for an 06-07 grx crdi a/t and finding one in good condition can be very tricky.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I like the current generation. Because it's bigger compared to the previous starex's. I think the 1st gen up to the previous gen has the same body, Hyundai is just modifying some parts to transform in to a newer gen. I am so happy with hyundai because they changed the starex's body.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bratski View Post
    im also currently hunting for an 06-07 grx crdi a/t and finding one in good condition can be very tricky.
    my august '07 starex grx has only 12T+ km on the odo, wanna try to pry it from me

hey 2 weeks ago meron ako nakita grx dun sa 2 used car dealers sa proj 7 saka dun sa tapat sa bago bantay. why not try there.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    yebo, pm naman ng contact number mo, you'll bet ill try to pry it away from you if the price is right hehehe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    haha! di pa nga bayad e!

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Thanks a lot guys! Any problem you about CRDi of Starex? Tulad D4d, Stalling or hard starting?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
1st gen, 2nd gen and 3rd gen Starex. What is difference among the three