New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Napalm-B bombs ang kailangan sa Basilan. hehe
    or lahat na civilian pa-alisin ng island and i carpet bomb ang isla!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    That Army HUMVEE is fitted with the Special Ops Vehicles armor by AM General.

The gatling gun is a Dillon Aero M-134D Gatling Gun

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    nice its a real hummer... pero not intended for combat?!?!

ot: kung kaya pala bumili ng gobyerno ng ganitong sasakyan bakit hindi nila ayusin ang armaments ng AFP natin?!?!?!acquire sila ng hummer eh hindi pala gagamitin ito for combat? ano use nito?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh0027 View Post
    nice its a real hummer... pero not intended for combat?!?!

ot: kung kaya pala bumili ng gobyerno ng ganitong sasakyan bakit hindi nila ayusin ang armaments ng AFP natin?!?!?!acquire sila ng hummer eh hindi pala gagamitin ito for combat? ano use nito?

Ano lang yan.......pang June 12 parade sa Quirino Grand Stand.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Actually it went thru active combat duty, I could still remember that during the time my father was still in active duty in Agusan (1997-1999), they had 2 of those together with 5 or 6 Kennedy jeeps in the division.. it was huge, I had a chance to ride it. Can easily get through challenging terrains...

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ayos, si Josh Hartnett nalang kulang ala black hawk down na

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    No wonder the doors, door windows, windshield, hood and grille look different. Pati military vehicles pala kailangan registered? I see the windshield sticker I always thought they're "exempt" from LTO registration kasi military vehicle.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nope, no one is exempted from registering their vehicles.

i believe majority of the vehicles, equipments of the afp are bought through discounted surplus from other countries like the USA etc. take those huey helicopters for an example.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I remember riding in one of these when my father was still division commander in Cotabato in the late 90's. Great to drive too.

Yes, some equipment like this are used during parades but those assigned to combat units are not used by top military brass (well, those with the proper brains) simply because it attracts unwanted attention. My dad never rode in this thing, though the division had several, to the consternation of younger officers who felt the need to be secure under all that armor. An L300 in a convoy of L300's (plus Simbas, V-150's, "kennedy" jeeps and Hummers) is more anonymous.

Note that these things are not surplus - they were acquired through the FMS (Foreign Military Sales) program of the US. Also, the troops don't like this thing because it's very difficult to obtain spare parts, the tires wear out too fast, the air conditioner isn't up to par. I remember some enterprising mechanics of the motor pool trying to rig-up a sanden aircon to one of the Hummers in Cotabato but they never really got it to work right.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    hirap dalhin yan sa basilan baka makuka ng mga abu sayaf...paktay kang bata ka.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
New Phil. Army Hummer