New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    New technology = new problems. Let them iron it out for a couple of years.

Just like the Mazda with the new skyactiv X, problems should be expected within the early years. They’ll perfect the recipe eventually.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    And May reported issue na ba ng oil dilution dito for the civic rs?
    Better off retaining both ignorance & bliss.Yikes!!! Honda's 1.5T Oil Dilution Solution Is Not A Recall? Let the 2nd & succeeding owners worry about em powertrain wear & CVT longevity.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Too bad for those living in cold climates.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by madball View Post
    Too bad for those living in cold climates.
    ^Twas initially thought to be a cold climate issue......"but problems in summer months have also been reported in California and Texas according to Consumer Reports."

On our side of the Pacific, Honda has long stopped selling 1.5T Civics & CRVs in China due to Oil Dilution.
    Honda stops selling new CR-Vs in China after recall plan rejected - Reuters

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Better off retaining both ignorance & bliss.Yikes!!! Honda's 1.5T Oil Dilution Solution Is Not A Recall? Let the 2nd & succeeding owners worry about em powertrain wear & CVT longevity.

its been released over 3years ago. so wheres the massive number of complaints?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    its been released over 3years ago. so wheres the massive number of complaints?
    It's asymptomatic, brother stock. How many would care check their dipsticks regularly? You, me perhaps....out of how many? And they'd likely check for an oil level drop to top up (as we do in every other car) than a rise. Oil dilution's effects will show up much later...probably when most 1st owners have sold theirs.
    The report should be seen by affected & future owners as good caution, brother stock sir. The message is: 1.5T Earth Dreams built before 2019 can't be keepers once warranty, extended or not, ends. Never a happy bearer of not-so-great news here....Got buds w/ those engines, too.Yikes!!! Honda's 1.5T Oil Dilution Solution Is Not A Recall?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Ok, so this issue is just more prevalent in cold weather. I wonder what exactly is causing this excessive oil dilution in 1.5T.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Ok, so this issue is just more prevalent in cold weather. I wonder what exactly is causing this excessive oil dilution in 1.5T.
    Something Honda doesn't seem to want to touch w/ a recall. They opted to just stop selling in China & extend warranty in the US. Go figure. Hope there will be no complaints here.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I think its the 0w16 oil theyre using in the North America and maybe china.

If they revert to 0w20 oils this will reduce their MPG by 2-4% imagine the billions they have to reimburse buyers because of this.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    May isang thread na regarding this I think.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast