New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If I could....yes.... I like Infiniti.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if i just had to pick one, i would tend to pick the euro everytime. imo the driver dynamics and the engineering of euros (especially german) still beats the japanese luxury brands most of the time.

however, the japanese cars usually win on value for money and reliability. if those are more important to you than the drive (which is true for a lot of people), then you'd be better off with one of those brands.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by flagg
    Oo nga, yung MB parang Chrysler tumagal.
    I think the simpler Chrysler is actually doing better than MBs... MBs have too many gizmos that breakdown.

If these upmarket Jap brands were available locally, would you buy these over BMWs, Mercedes-Benzes, Volvos, Jaguars and Land Rovers?

and why hehe
    It depends on the category... for the compact luxury-sport sedan segment, I'm leaning towards BMW's new 3-series...
    A lot of positive reviews on its handling and it looks great with the M-sport kit. The new IS is also good, but the design is too Mazda-like.

The mid-size Lexus GS430 is also a good luxury sports sedan, its balanced, not too sporty, not too soft and luxurious, well built....

Each brand has their good models... But i'd probably consider All brands(Lexus, Infiniti, Acura, BMW, Volvo, Jaguar, Range Rover) over the new Mercedes models.
    I'd probably even pick Chrysler's 300C over MB's E-class.
    Last edited by AG4; March 3rd, 2006 at 06:22 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Lexi are the best, parang toyota tumagal
    Coz it's the same? hehe... rebadge lang.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    no...i'd buy the 300C instead

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd rather buy a Bimmer.

Lexus = overpriced Toyota
    Acura = overpriced Honda
    Infiniti = overpriced Nissan

:bwahaha:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    m2,

well, a toyota, honda and nissan aren't bad things, eh? hehehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    m2,

well, a toyota, honda and nissan aren't bad things, eh? hehehe
    yup...

problem is that some people (including me) still don't consider them "upscale" as the more established premium brands.

though if lexus, acura & infiniti start to price themselves lower than the other premium brands, then that would be worth a look.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For me, the only thing going for those euro brands is image (or perhaps driving experience which is a subjective thing). There's no car out there that says you've arrived better than MB or BMW. That is, if you did manage to arrive at your destination in the first place. I mean what's the point of having a state of the art feature that no other japanese car manufacturer has if there's no guarantee it would work perfectly for the next 5 years? I'd rather have a car that is technologically a half-step backward compared with the germans but works properly for decades on end. As for image, filipinos are a car crazy bunch, most of them don't need to look at the badge on a long black saloon's decklid to know they are in the presence of automotive greatness.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    yes I would buy one... but if I have to choose between this brands and the euros, I'll pick the euros

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Would you buy a Lexus, Acura or Infiniti if you could?