New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    how long do you plan on keeping the car?

sabi nga nila, religious maintenance and not straining the car too much is the key to not having the CVT problem. but still the possibility of CVT breakdown is there, kasi if not, Honda would not have discontinued it. so for me, i'd rather not have that possibility, para may peace of mind ako(napaka-valuable nito sa akin) - kung kailangan ko ihataw, pwede ko gawin; kung makalimutan ko man i-maintain CVT ko, di ako kakabahan.

also, mahirap na rin bitawan yan after a few years, baka konti na rin takers, due to the possible CVT problem.

so if i were in your shoes, gamitin ko na lang 450K ko pang downpayment and get a brand new jazz in helios yellow..hehehe. but that's just me, ikaw rin may final decision.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    how long do you plan on keeping the car?

sabi nga nila, religious maintenance and not straining the car too much is the key to not having the CVT problem. but still the possibility of CVT breakdown is there, kasi if not, Honda would not have discontinued it. so for me, i'd rather not have that possibility, para may peace of mind ako(napaka-valuable nito sa akin) - kung kailangan ko ihataw, pwede ko gawin; kung makalimutan ko man i-maintain CVT ko, di ako kakabahan.

also, mahirap na rin bitawan yan after a few years, baka konti na rin takers, due to the possible CVT problem.

so if i were in your shoes, gamitin ko na lang 450K ko pang downpayment and get a brand new jazz in helios yellow..hehehe. but that's just me, ikaw rin may final decision.
    medyo pinag isip mo ko dun sir , il probably use the car mga 3 yrs tapos
    cguro benta na ,.main use ng kotse really is panghatid sundo ng mga bata
    sa school, thats why gusto ko 1.3 lang na matic, tipid sa gas , madaling e drive sa traffic.

regarding sa brand new it also cross my mind, na mag bago bcoz of the reason na talagang peace of mind, maintenace free for the nxt 3 yrs, problem is baka "FISH of mind nalang kainin natin parati" hehehehe
    im still paying kasi for another car , baka di ko na kayanin,
    but really maraming salamat sa mga very helpful insights and suggestion

di talaga ako nagkamaling to asked for advise sa mga fellow TSIKOTERS
    KEEP it coming , MAY our tribe increase mabuhay po tayong lahat.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by k-9 View Post
    medyo pinag isip mo ko dun sir , il probably use the car mga 3 yrs tapos
    cguro benta na ,.main use ng kotse really is panghatid sundo ng mga bata
    sa school, thats why gusto ko 1.3 lang na matic, tipid sa gas , madaling e drive sa traffic.

regarding sa brand new it also cross my mind, na mag bago bcoz of the reason na talagang peace of mind, maintenace free for the nxt 3 yrs, problem is baka "FISH of mind nalang kainin natin parati" hehehehe
    im still paying kasi for another car , baka di ko na kayanin,
    but really maraming salamat sa mga very helpful insights and suggestion

di talaga ako nagkamaling to asked for advise sa mga fellow TSIKOTERS
    KEEP it coming , MAY our tribe increase mabuhay po tayong lahat.
    yan ang maganda dito sa tsikot... you get to know facts based on experience. tapos sama sama pa inputs ng mga tao so your not only basing it sa isang opinion... good luck sir!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    i've had my 1.3 gd cvt since june 2006. it's my daily drive in the metro. once a quarter pupunta siguro ng pampanga or tagaytay.

just follow the 10k interval (not 6months, pointless to do this IMO) for PMS and things should be alright. yes, there's that cvt risk but all cars are bound to depreciate and break down at some point anyway so might as well enjoy it and get the good FC given our volatile gas prices today. given the number of GDs still on the road today, I think the CVT thing is not a real issue or baka tinamaan lang yung mga ginagamit yung maliit na makina in extreme conditions.

for city driving, ok pa naman din up to now yung unit ko. i read somewhere that another reason why the cvt was stopped was due to high production costs and the double number of needed sparkplugs. well cvt still works for me now so what's the problem? papasok ka lang naman ng office, walang nakasakay kundi ako, matraffic pa, kailangan ba ng mabilis na tsikots talaga?

my usual FC is 10-12 km/L given the metro traffic, up to 15 kapag highway. from other owners, i heard that the GE is mas malakas sa gas. when gas prices went up to 60/liter, my full tank was still below 2k. nowadays, around 1300 yung isang tank and that keeps me on the road for at least 350km before the indicator lights up.

i say go for it. it's one of those excellent models that came out and keep while you can (parang box type lancer).

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    thanks sir mikhailer, na test drive ko na , looks and feel brand new pa po talaga , pina check ko nga sa casa dto cebu, they said na its a very good buy
    takot lang ako bcoz of the CVT issues,

all stock pa yung jazz, pati busina,yung anak kasi na babae ang gumagamit kaya cguro walang pinalitan

+2 na sa purchase keep it coming mga sir , thanks
    Iyang busina ang kailangan mo kaagad palitan, bro.... Sobrang hina dahil single lang na Mitsuba ang original niyan....

9606:hippie:

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    HI mga sir, guess di cguro para sa akin yung particular na kotse,
    told our family fren na to give me up to sat last week, really decided to
    purchase na the car.trying to consolidate my finances, so mdyo di ako naka
    communicate sa kanila , not until kanina lang ,na ive learned na me kausap na cla at done deal na , coz nag down na,

told them sana naman na inform ako , para i could have done something,
    cant blame them also , but sa ganang akin lang sana binigyan man lang ako
    ng right of 1st option, naturingan pa naman na family friend,
    but really its der property its der right to do wat evr pleases them.
    sayang lang talaga kasi coming from you guys , it was suppose to be a real good buy...

Now im back to square 1, now im really looking at the possibility of purchasing a brand new unit , ( the only thing holding me back is baka di makaya sa long run)
    or bili nalang ng surplus na FIT dto ngayon, dami dto sa cebu ngayon
    gaganda pa me mga naka orig pa na body kit, problem lang mas delikado
    cz converted and again yung CVT issue, HAZZZZZ nid help guys

whats your take?
    Im leaning towards buying a brand new 1,
    Any inputs? thanks po

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    communicate sa kanila , not until kanina lang ,na ive learned na me kausap na cla at done deal na , coz nag down na,

sayang lang talaga kasi coming from you guys , it was suppose to be a real good buy...

Now im back to square 1, now im really looking at the possibility of purchasing a brand new unit , ( the only thing holding me back is baka di makaya sa long run)

whats your take?
    Any inputs? thanks po
    You said that you gonna buy the Jazz for 450k right? Is that cash or installment? If cash i suggest you get the Lancer 1.6 GLS, nasa 600+k na lang yun.. konti na lang installment mo.. Brand new pa kotse mo.. All power na yun, 2 disk break, airbag, keyless etc.. etc...

Wala pa ring tatalo sa Brand New car bro...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ It could be a sign for you to buy a brand new unit, bro...

9606:hippie:

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    good alternatives:

lancer 1.6 gls - value for money, loaded with features

sentra 1.3 a/t gx/gx-s - basic barebones car, gets the job done, cheapest among all options listed

mazda2 sedan - huge trunk for a car its size, back looks like a 6, dunno though about FC and maintenance as it just came out

haima family - multi-awarded car in china (brought in by the laus group), uses ford lynx body so parts should be easily available, good bargain if you can look past the brand

vios 1.3 a/t - should give the city a run for its money, coming out on april daw

jazz ge - ok, the default (expensive) choice

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002

whats your take?
    Any inputs? thanks po
    [SIZE="4"]REMINDER: do not post messages in SMS/TXT format.

Read the RULES.
    [/SIZE]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
IS it worth it ? jazz 1.3 matic