New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's probably too early to tell.

Most agree that the new plastics are garbage, and that the steering is worse... BUT...

Some reviewers have noted the following improvements:

More legroom
    Shorter wheelbase (makes for better handling, apparently)
    Longer stroke suspension (the FD is very crashy compared to the competition because of the short stroke)
    It STILL gets terrific real world economy. (i.e.: whatever the EPA figures claim, economy is better than most competitors)

and best of all:

They've removed the torture device from the FD that they laughingly call "lumbar suport".

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    plus mga fanbois pa. Honda or nothing, there's Honda and the rest are taxis
    Parang hindi Honda lahat ng kotse mo, shadow

Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    the EK is the best civic
    Those were good ones. I remember the VTi hatchback, it was one of the coolest cars from its time...

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Worst Civic ever designed indeed IMO
    Parang transition lang ng EK to ES (Vtec3)... then comes the FD and this ugly looking 9th gen civic.

The EK and FD are one of the best Civics ever made, lahat proportional for me

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Mas type ko FD design wise pero classic yung EK eh. hehe
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Correct. The EK & the FD are the two best Civics in town. The former became the best during its time because of the unbeatable looks plus terrific stock engine. The latter, on the other hand, is because of its looks compared to its competitors. ( The 06-07 Altises are small & ugly -- sorry guys. ) The FDs not a Civic meant to be raced, it's more of an economic car which just happens to have a long list of aftermarket modifications available thats why " H boys " loved them, too.

The 9th gen Civic sucks, looks wise. I don't know if it will be loved by the " H " enthusiasts but for me, as an avid fan of Hondas too, " i`ll pass. " is all I can say.

i totally agree sir!!!
    just sold my 2000 civic EK, because it was totally abused by the 1st owner, second, ... user, all i can say is that, the engine is excellent! the guy who bought it, he's in disbelief as he can't hear a roarig sound in the engine bay while in idle, with AC on...LOL!
    the exterior not looking good, suspension started to break... if not abused, i'll keep it.. now am driving a 2012 Kia Rio, good and cheap for a bachelor like me in the land of sand and dates.
    Last edited by levanz2007; August 3rd, 2011 at 06:24 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Yes, EK and FD Civics are the best among the Civic pedigree.... It was a bit not so good that our family had to sell our EK Civic a few months ago. I could have used that car.

Remember, di purket Honda maganda. Besides, mas titbag ito sa sales ng mga bagong competitors - Hyundai Elantra (prediction ko mas bebenta compared sa 90's), Toyota Corolla Altis (still the king), Chevrolet Cruze, at to a lesser extent, Mitsubishi Lancer EX.

The only Honda worth buying are the Jazz and City, the rest... forget about it

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    Remember, di purket Honda maganda.
    Oo korek!

Mas gusto ko yung Tucson ko kesa CR-V ko. Ngayon yung isang CR-V namin binenta para palitan ng Kia Sportage

*renzo: Yung 9th gen na Dubai version medyo ok yung looks.. ehe he he..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Is this it?

Nice ... lights.

The FD * the back is still nicer, though.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast