New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Hi,

I hear a whistling sound on the oem roof rail of my 08 Honda CRV when my speed reaches 80kph and above. It's annoying cos it gets louder as you go faster. Anyone experiencing this? Is this common? What should I do?

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    None of the 07/08 CR-V's (USDM, this may not apply to asian market)come with a roof rack. You have to add them as an accessory, either from the dealer, or aftermarket, like Yakima or Thule.

The problem they have with Honda's setup, is the lack of options for bar locations. There's a fixed position for both the front and rear bar, and it's the same, regardless of whether or not your model has a sunroof.

Here is a fix for earlier year models tha t have same problem of whistling noise but makes sense that it may help with the 08's too. Obviously, the part numbers listed may not be valid for an 08 and up. Click on the link to see the illustration that is in the article. Good luck to you.

From the January, 2006 Honda Service News:

Jan 2006 Honda Service Newslink title

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Yes, had it installed from the dealer. Thank you for the link on how to eliminate the noise. I will try it and see if it works.

Whistling sound on my oem roof rail (08 crv)