New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    [SIZE=2]hello tsikoteers!

i wanted to ask where i can solar gard tint installed for my '96 civic lxi. i've been reading around the forums about car tints and decided on this particular brand, mainly because it's cheaper than but heat rejection and visibility is almost at par with v-kool. the problem is, i called the solar gard shop along santolan and the installation price they gave me is Php5,500, which already includes the removal of my existing tint.

is this really the going price of solar gard tints, or is there a shope somewhere else (preferrably still in the qc/san juan/mandaluyong area) that installs original solar gard tint that charges less?

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]i considered LA car accessories for a time but after reading other threads, parang no-no na dun...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]
    btw, i'm a girl and i usually have my car fixed alone. appreciate if you could recommend shops that are in a safe location and won't take advantage of my lack of knowledge... hehe.

thanks a lot!
    [/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by p0nksy View Post
    [SIZE=2]hello tsikoteers!

i wanted to ask where i can solar gard tint installed for my '96 civic lxi. i've been reading around the forums about car tints and decided on this particular brand, mainly because it's cheaper than but heat rejection and visibility is almost at par with v-kool. the problem is, i called the solar gard shop along santolan and the installation price they gave me is Php5,500, which already includes the removal of my existing tint.

is this really the going price of solar gard tints, or is there a shope somewhere else (preferrably still in the qc/san juan/mandaluyong area) that installs original solar gard tint that charges less?

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]i considered LA car accessories for a time but after reading other threads, parang no-no na dun...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]
    btw, i'm a girl and i usually have my car fixed alone. appreciate if you could recommend shops that are in a safe location and won't take advantage of my lack of knowledge... hehe.

thanks a lot!
    [/SIZE]
    If you have existing tint on your car, no need to go solargard.

Tried that on my civic. Not worth changing tint if you already have the shade of tint you want. Solargard is only a marginal improvement.

The only solargards with heat rejections nearing vkool level are the super super black ones you almost can't see out of at night.

My take, on being a solargard owner - stay with what you have (unless nag ccrack na or what), or fork up the money and go vkool.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    as a solargard user, the price is worth every penny. i need to keep the heat out because of frequent migraines. even at 5k, the price is still way below v-kool. there is some difficulty at night with the super dark types but it just needs getting used to. you can step down to medium darks if the super darks are too much for you.

4. Join Date
    May 2008
    If you want to get it cheaper, go to Maspro along banawe. 3.8k I think for a sedan (your choice of shade, they're pretty much complete in stock). Vkool Santolan charges a premium price because they'll tint your car in an air-conditioned room, saving your tint film from dust particles.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by morrissey_05 View Post
    as a solargard user, the price is worth every penny. i need to keep the heat out because of frequent migraines. even at 5k, the price is still way below v-kool. there is some difficulty at night with the super dark types but it just needs getting used to. you can step down to medium darks if the super darks are too much for you.
    Except sadly, only the super dark ones have a heat rejection level nearing vkool levels.

Yung ok sa vkool kasi, even if the shade is pretty light - the heat rejection is really great.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Try to inquire at GoldCars Auto Accessories
    42L Banawe St.Santo Domingo QC.
    742-3158
    741-3765
    So you will have comparison regarding the price .

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    if you want high heat rejection, chose solargard hp quantum or gsg10. both are magic type looking tints. (has mirror like reflection)

for me personally, the install service at solargard santolan is the best among all metro manila tint installers.

btw, ask for discount from mam rose, mabait siya and accomodating.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
    if you want high heat rejection, chose solargard hp quantum or gsg10. both are magic type looking tints. (has mirror like reflection)

for me personally, the install service at solargard santolan is the best among all metro manila tint installers.

btw, ask for discount from mam rose, mabait siya and accomodating.
    Yung GSG10 sobrang dilim sa loob IMO. Some people can live with it pero ang hirap sa gabi.

The Quantum baka pwede pa.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    mda,

like i said, it needs getting used to. if i had the moolah, id go vkool. but the price difference is way too large to justify it to myself.

shotgun is right, the installation at santolan is top notch. i have no complaints.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    mda,

like i said, it needs getting used to. if i had the moolah, id go vkool. but the price difference is way too large to justify it to myself.

shotgun is right, the installation at santolan is top notch. i have no complaints.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
where to get solar gard tint?