New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    15,525
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by maki mi View Post
    Sir Bayen, do you also replace the oil filter during the 10k-12k oil change or extend the oil filter till 20k?
    i still think that using an OEM or a good replacement filter like VIC would be better. have it changed every oil change. the filter catches the impurities in the engine which may harm it in the long run.

    mura lang naman yan eh.... hwag ng sumugal.... mas mahal ang katapat pag nagkataon.

  2. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    905
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by maki mi View Post
    Sir Bayen, do you also replace the oil filter during the 10k-12k oil change or extend the oil filter till 20k?
    yup. i replace both oil and filter at the 10k to 12k KM range.

  3. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    15
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by bayen View Post
    i used to follow the 6 months or 10,000 KM (although within 6 months i dont reach 10,000KM) oil change interval when i was still using the OEM oil filter. After discovering the filter element and its internal construction i stopped using the OEM and switched to a more efficient and heavy duty filter such as Baldwin. Now i can comfortably extend my oil change interval to 10,000-12,000KM or 1 year.
    sir my honda is kinda old na ...2000mdl na honda city type z. i also use to follow the 6mth rule...and tama...ndi ko rin ma abot yung 10,000km na kailangan. and i due na for my change oil this weekend. i just have been sa auto supply pero karamihan ng mga oil is API SN/CF na...yung API SG, SH, or SJ na para talaga sa honda city type z 2000mdl parang obsolete na yata....yung SN na API pwede po ba toh sa akin Honda Type Z?...

  4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11,798
    #14
    Compatible yung SN sa mga lumang API requirement. I use API SN 10w40 on my 2001 Accord.

  5. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    15
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Compatible yung SN sa mga lumang API requirement. I use API SN 10w40 on my 2001 Accord.
    thank you po sa reply...at least i have my peace of mind...hehehe...sir ano pong klaseng brand ng oil ginamit nyo sa accord?....

  6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11,798
    #16
    Change oil and oil filter ako every 5k. Gamit ko ay Valvoline NextGen 10w40, semi-synthetic, API SN. Naka dalawang 5k cycles na ako with it and no problems, so far.

  7. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    15
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Change oil and oil filter ako every 5k. Gamit ko ay Valvoline NextGen 10w40, semi-synthetic, API SN. Naka dalawang 5k cycles na ako with it and no problems, so far.
    how about yung fuel consumption mo sir?...the same rin?...automatic transmission po yung city ko ei...

  8. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    905
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by mich01128 View Post
    sir my honda is kinda old na ...2000mdl na honda city type z. i also use to follow the 6mth rule...and tama...ndi ko rin ma abot yung 10,000km na kailangan. and i due na for my change oil this weekend. i just have been sa auto supply pero karamihan ng mga oil is API SN/CF na...yung API SG, SH, or SJ na para talaga sa honda city type z 2000mdl parang obsolete na yata....yung SN na API pwede po ba toh sa akin Honda Type Z?...
    its okay to use an SL, SM, SL API rated oil for your Type Z idol. You can even use a CI-4, CJ-4 rated oil on it as long as the ZDDP on it is less than or equal to 1200 PPM as too much of this stuff will shorten the life of your catalytic converter. There are countless number of affordable but very good oils in the market. to name a few you have the following:

    1. mobil delvac mx 15w40
    2. Delo gold ultra 15w40
    3. Top 1 Synthetic Diesel Oil 10w40
    4. Petron Rev X all terrain 10w40 - superb oil, TBN is 16

    have your mechanic check your gasket seals to prevent any unwanted leaks specially if you are planning to use Fully Synthetic as most FS oils are thin.
    also use a good filter to keep your oil clean and prevent any unwanted sludge build up.

  9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11,798
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by mich01128 View Post
    how about yung fuel consumption mo sir?...the same rin?...automatic transmission po yung city ko ei...
    Same pa rin naman consumption ko. Used ko nakuha yung Accord ko eh. Castrol ata gamit ng previous owner. Pero if you want Honda-quality engine oils outside of Honda casas, you can use Idemitsu oils from UniOil stations. Honda uses rebranded Idemitsu engine oils.

    Yung Valvoline NextGen 10w40 is P240 per liter sa Ace Hardware. Mga lampas 4.5L na oil kasi kelangan sa Accord ko, tamang-tama lang yung isang 4.8L container ng Valvoline NextGen 10w40 sa bawat oil change ko.

  10. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    433
    #20
    Regular mineral oil lang pala ang gamit ng Honda at same class lang pala ang oil filter nya mga replacement tapos 10k ang reco nya na change oil? Aren't we overdoing our oil and oil filter change every 5k? Just asking lang naman, although I have the same katwiran as Boss 1D4LV.. mura lang naman yan eh.... hwag ng sumugal.... mas mahal ang katapat pag nagkataon.

    Bro Egan101, mura yang Valvoline NextGen 10w40 ah, P240 per liter sa Ace Hardware semi-synthetic na. Yung most recent oil change ko is Mobil 1000, special mineral oil lang but P235 per liter sa suking auto parts store ko.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

whats the best oil i could use for my Honda City Type Z A/T 2000mdl