New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanchong View Post
    Guys yung City 1.3 manual ko wala namang problem. Given na yung di sya ganung kalakas pag dating sa akyatan at accelaration dahil 1.3L lang sya pero kaya naman. Pero try ko pa rin sya itest bukas, iaakyat ko sya bukas sa pataas na lugar (mountain area).

Bigyan ko kayo ng feedback bukas.
    Good Evening everyone,

Tried going up to Shangrila's (ORTIGAS) parking lot?
    This proves a lot regarding City '09s power.

Please send feedback as soon as possible.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gandang-ganda ako sa look and appearance
    ng kotseng ito.

I'm subscribing to this thread to learn more about possible
    problems with this model.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    hello po...

Since Honda was bragging about putting 100 horsepower on a 1.3 i-VTEC engine, i thought that would have the sufficient thrust to go up hills and carpark ramps... why this slow?

nonetheless, share ko lang po what i posted on another thread:

REVIEWED: Page 49, Top Gear (Philippines) April 2008 issue
    After reading Robert Consunji’s column, sad to say, there is NO Lemon Law in the Philippines. However, a section of his may have some light at the end of the tunnel. The Consumer Act of the Philippines has included some guidelines on what the seller should do and I quote the No. 2 item: “permit the consumer to elect whether to ask for a refund or replacement without any charge, where after a reasonable number of attempts to remedy the defect, the product continues to malfunction”. With this in mind, I believe that we can bank on this even without the Lemon Law in the Philippines that is taking ages to formalize!
    i hope this can help the thread starter.
    Last edited by ianmitsulancer; November 8th, 2009 at 04:19 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by marv0083 View Post
    Officemate ko naka 3 palit na sa honda he hired a lawyer to sue honda phil and charge them for every day they don't fix the car apparently they gave him a buy back option and some discounts for his new CRV his car was a Civic FD by the way then turned into a CRV with a 5 year warranty and lots of accessories then after a year his CRV now has some problems they can't fix again. He returned it to honda they offered buy back option hope this helps now he got his money but with depreciation
    See... this is what i am talking about....its a different story if may lawyer na.....ha ha ha....they have to replace the unit....period... if not sue them...charge every amount you will be spending.....

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    hahaha for me tlgang mahina yung engine ng 1.3 sobra...meron din kmi 1.3 vios..hehehe walng sinabi sa hatak yung city. pero mas love ko yung new look nya. kya mas pipiliin ko pa din yung new city compare sa vios.....1 thing pa...never expect ng malakas na HATAK sa 1.3 na makina...very simple......

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanchong View Post
    Guys yung City 1.3 manual ko wala namang problem. Given na yung di sya ganung kalakas pag dating sa akyatan at accelaration dahil 1.3L lang sya pero kaya naman. Pero try ko pa rin sya itest bukas, iaakyat ko sya bukas sa pataas na lugar (mountain area).

Bigyan ko kayo ng feedback bukas.

sir try nyo sa timberland sa san mateo.....hehehe ilang beses ko na inakyat yng city ko dun...hehehehe grabe hirap na hirap...4 kami sa loob..may part dun na...1st gear lng tlga. nasa 4.5rpm ka..sobrang hirap na yung makina. pero kya. iba tlga yung 1.8.....na overtake ako ng fx paakyat dun....kya never expect tlga sa 1.3 na makina. mag react kyo pag yung fuel consumption nyo ang malakas....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oldiskuul View Post
    sir try nyo sa timberland sa san mateo.....hehehe ilang beses ko na inakyat yng city ko dun...hehehehe grabe hirap na hirap...4 kami sa loob..may part dun na...1st gear lng tlga. nasa 4.5rpm ka..sobrang hirap na yung makina. pero kya. iba tlga yung 1.8.....na overtake ako ng fx paakyat dun....kya never expect tlga sa 1.3 na makina. mag react kyo pag yung fuel consumption nyo ang malakas....
    correct si oldiskul...but this one paps i think may problema talaga..kc namamatay makina pag pataas na...kc even the driver of honda dealer itself nag try...namamatay daw talaga e....

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oldiskuul View Post
    oh my.. i think there really is something wrong with the 1.3 City because my tita's insy-wincy 1.1 Alto can handle with no issues ung timberland and Shangri-la parking with my tito and her 2 boys. even my 1-ton tub of lard na 1.3 Sentra GX kahit fully packed has no issues like these.

hope Honda can fix these issues. my officemate has a 1.5 09City and he has no problems with it though pull raw is comparable to a 1.3 AND FC sucks.
    ganda pa naman look ng City.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmitsulancer View Post
    hello po...

Since Honda was bragging about putting 100 horsepower on a 1.3 i-VTEC engine, i thought that would have the sufficient thrust to go up hills and carpark ramps... why this slow?
    Hehehehe they brag about the HP, pero they never mention the torque which is the stat we should be looking in this case. Also 100HP at what REVS??

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DREAMWORKS View Post
    correct si oldiskul...but this one paps i think may problema talaga..kc namamatay makina pag pataas na...kc even the driver of honda dealer itself nag try...namamatay daw talaga e....

yup consider ito cguro na isolated case.....sya plang naman nakaka experience nito. siguro hindi lng nila na test or nakalusot lng sa quality control nila. wish na lng natin na ganon lng ngyari and hope na hindi mangyri sa atin ito in the near future.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
What can we do with a Honda City 2009 Lemon?