New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi Guys/Girls,

Maybe you can help my friend about her lemon car...

She bought the car last July 2009. It's a Honda City 2009 1.3 Manual.
    She bought the unit at Honda Cars Laguna, Sta. Rosa. Near Toyota Parts (;D)

First few days, she noticed that the car is swerving to left even within a few
    meters (about 100 meter eh nasa kabilang kalya ka na). She went to the casa to report but they said its tolerable... (ok pinalagpas)

Then, when she went to Tagaytay with 3 people on board... ang hina ng hatak.
    She reported it to the casa and eventually... umabot na sila sa Honda Philippines sa loob ng Laguna Technopark. (Pina-iksi ko na yun story kasi lumipas na ng 3 months ng pababalik balik).
    The test went like this...

There is an incline that has an angle of 17 degrees.
    There are 4 person on-board and with the aircon running.
    The driver is one of the employees of Honda.
    They started to climb the incline and it stopped dead within a few meters.
    (baka driver error lang daw...) So, he hand-braked the car... started it... pressed on the gas... and release the hand brake...
    The car moved a little bit and then died once.
    Again.. the same procedure was followed. This time the car is almost at
    the peak of the incline. Here when the driver step on the gas... parang di raw
    umandar pataas... tapos biglang umatras kahit na nakaapak (daw) sa gas yun driver. By the way... all through the testing... naka-primera (1st gear) lang
    daw yun driver.

The problem so far... they told her na wala raw problem yun car.

Ganito ba talaga kahina ang Honda City 2009 1.3 model?

Right now... she is talking her case with DTI. She's still waiting.

What she wants is for Honda Philippines or Honda Cars Laguna to fix the problem of the car...

What do you think can she do about her case?

Thanks in advance.

Right now, she wished she did not sell her Civic EK and buy the Honda City...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Did Honda do a comparison test with another 2009 City 1.3L unit?

Its just like the "diagnosis" of Honda Shaw that my brother's CRV engine needed an overhaul after a compression test. But my brother insisted on doing a comparison test on another similar unit ready for release. And the compression test results was exactly the same, meaning the diagnosis is really a mis-diagnosis that might have resulted in a very expensive and unneeded repair bill.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    I would've think that the City 1.3L M/T can make it at first gear.
    Something's terribly wrong w/ the car. What the heck is wrong w/ Honda, its so obvious.

Kung lahat ng City 1.3L M/T ganun. Lahat yan, di makaka-akyat ng Baguio. Lalo na yun 1.3L A/T.

Honda =

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    para namang nakakaloko yun. i've seen cherry QQ with 4 people in it making it throught the sta rosa-tagaytay road! tapos yan, city nde kaya?

sana nga nakapag comparison testing, good luck sa case mo, hope justice will prevail.

pero nakakaloko talaga yung sinasabi nila sayo tsk tsk tsk

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    maybe you could suggest to your friend that she make the DTI people insist on Honda in doing the comparison test on another Honda City like the one she bought in Honda Philippines Laguna Technopark so as they could really see if there is a difference or not.

if the Honda people make excuses or refuse to comply with the comparison test, then... (here is where you can make a conclusion for yourself).

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    ive driven an aveo 1.4 with 3 persons inside on the incline of tagaytay, including palace in the sky which i think has the steepest incline, ok naman, walang sabit, nakaya ng kotse. i think aveo is the counterpart of city in chevrolet. dapat kaya yan. the fact na ilang beses na kayong pabalik-balik means walang balak palitan ng casa ang car, dont expect na out of the blue bigla na lang aakuin ng casa ang problema. kailangan na yan ng DTI.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    ive driven an aveo 1.4 with 3 persons inside on the incline of tagaytay, including palace in the sky which i think has the steepest incline, ok naman, walang sabit, nakaya ng kotse. i think aveo is the counterpart of city in chevrolet. dapat kaya yan. the fact na ilang beses na kayong pabalik-balik means walang balak palitan ng casa ang car, dont expect na out of the blue bigla na lang aakuin ng casa ang problema. kailangan na yan ng DTI.
    There is a law which protects consumer from buying a lemon car...if i were you, send them a "lawyer's demand" letter demanding replacement of the unit. You have a strong case against the dealer..... fight for your right....its pretty obvious that the car has a problem... my car's wife is a Hyundai i10 with only 1.1 engine but it manages to travel going Tagaytay with 3 passengers.... thanks God my 2009 Honda City 1.5 liter is ok naman....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In cases like this, it is best to have a "name-brand" lawyer sending CC copies of the request memo to all people involved, including the DTI.

Suddenly things will start happening and the car will magically get fixed without charge.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^^ Or maybe replaced without charge ?

Anyways to the TS. Yes have your friend reported it in DTi since a lot of money has been spent over the car that shouldn't be giving her such headaches and problems.

I agree with GH. Have a comparison test with a unit that has a same displacement and transmission.

About the question...

" Ganito ba talaga kahina ang Honda City 2009 1.3 model? "

No. Heck, even an alto could do that.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    wala naman talagang torque ang honda sa akyatan! hahahahaha :rotf:

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
What can we do with a Honda City 2009 Lemon?