New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    I have this problem regarding my civic VTI 2002. After riding for atleast 5-6 hours. My temp gauge will rise after heavy acceleration and sometimes in idle. I've noticed that everytime the car will run even atleast 20kph, no temperature rising encountered, even in high speed (120-140 kph) and traffic. High temp will only encountered when after riding for 5-6 hours. What should be the problem. Ihave my radiator overholed. I also removed my thermostat and replaced my thermoswitch. i also noticed bubbles in my radiator and in a long drive. my reservoir is full. no tagas of water naman so far. please help

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    bubbles??? please enlighten us more...that's one indication if not cause of overheat...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    please check if you have a proper grounding. gauges tend to go crazy if you dont have proper grounding. suggestion lang po.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    *peztie: Im not sure if the previous overheating causes the bubbles came from my radiator. But Im sure its not HG. the bubbles are just bubbles, no oil included. im not loosing any engine oil. I am thinking of the failure waterpump but i cant see any water leek. Thanks for your reply.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    waki thanks for your reply but im sure there nothing wrong with my wiring nor grounding

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    Put your thermostat back.. Kasi ang tendency is the temp of the water in your radiator is same as in your engine... kasi there's no thermostat stopping the water and cooling it in the radiator... If symptoms persist consult your trusted mechanic...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    overheat???

system leak..
    defective fan...
    air pocket sa system...
    collapsing hose..
    high pressure..
    rusted thermostat..
    corroded radiator/condenser..
    engine misfire..
    defective rad cap...
    wrong coolant...
    HG leak...

ano pa ba...paki add nalang mga possibilities...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    thanks for your opinions guys. What do you think, anybody had experienced bubbles in radiator? what should be the problem. can a faulty radiator host can cause a bubbles in the radiator? more info please...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    teka, me problem ba talaga car mo? baka pwede ikaw nalang magkwento kung ano problem para masagot naman intelligently yung dapat gawin.. mahirap manghula kasi... i hope you understand what im trying to say...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    just an update to my problem. I drain my radiator and add a coolant and again I traveled for atleast 5 hours. Same thing happened when I was merged in the traffic with heavy acceleration. I parked the car after my temp goes up to 75% of the gauge. I opened the cap after cooled off and add some water. I tried to "rekta" my radiator fan and run again for 3 hours. My temp gauge goes less than 1/4 of my gauge, meaning my engine that time was very cool. Sounds crazy. What do u think guys? what should be the problem. Is there any side effects of a very cool engine. I worried with that kinda temp "less than 1/4 of my gauge". Please help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
weird overheating civiic vti 2002