New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    My car is a 2013 Honda City 1.5E, and I noticed that my A/C switch gets warm... is it normal or the contacts inside the switch is getting loose and need to be replaced?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan_2180 View Post
    My car is a 2013 Honda City 1.5E, and I noticed that my A/C switch gets warm... is it normal or the contacts inside the switch is getting loose and need to be replaced?
    You should replace it....

More importantly,- check your connection,- it should be a switch to the low power side of a relay (which in turn, switches the AC on on the high power side) and so should not get warm....

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

25.8K:shazam:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Baka because of the bulb illuminating the switch kaya mainit??

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^ Yes, unless modifications have been made to your relatively new 2013 car, it's most likely caused by the backlight. That is to say, it is perfectly normal. The same goes with the A/T shifter panel when you have the park/headlights on... it warms up.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    ^ Yes, unless modifications have been made to your relatively new 2013 car, it's most likely caused by the backlight. That is to say, it is perfectly normal. The same goes with the A/T shifter panel when you have the park/headlights on... it warms up.
    Thanks for pointing it out (reiterating) that it was 2013 Honda.... I was not reading properly....

Have it checked na lang... If slightly warm,- should not be an issue...

Our 2010 City (could be different setup),- no issue on the AC switch.

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

25.8K:shazam:

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    I hope its just the backlight... will check and try to measure the surface temp on my A/C switch, will try to post soon. thanks:D

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Have it checked thats not normal. Most new cars use led as a backlight. Not much heat on leds

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i don't have honda. i have toyota, and...
    dial backlight doesn't turn on when parklights or headlights are off. so it shouldn't be a cause of heat.
    my wigo's dial gets warm.
    my innova's dial does not get warm.
    my old 1976 corona's dial doesn't get warm.. it's traditional dropping resistance wire coil that glows a dull red, is installed far forward on the engine firewall..!