New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MGA PAPS! HELP NMN PO! UNG KAPATID KO PO GS2 ISET UP NG PANG RACING MAKINA NYA.. PH15 EFI NONVTEC LNG PO MAKINA NYA.. ANU PO KYA MGA MGGANDA SINESET UP PO DUN?? SKA MDYO PNG LOW BUDGET LNG PO.. LA PO XA IDEA EHH.. PTI AKO.. HEHE

-TNX MGA PAPS!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE="4"]REMINDER: do not post messages in SMS/TXT format

READ the RULES[/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    papi kung la ka pera pang race better not do it na lang, pagtatawanan ka lang ng mga totoong bumibitaw, kahiya sa GF mo.

i would start with saving up my lunchmoney. 200k sa bangko will be enough.

hth.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you want to race, better have the money because it is expensive.

If you can't afford it, just be happy with the car as is.

-----------------------

One option is the sell the current car and buy a car that is already setup. But you still have to have at least 100k budget for repairs and maintenance work on the car right after you bought it.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; November 30th, 2009 at 09:26 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    If your budget is low you cannot achieve your desire horsepower to your engine lots of cars now a days are fast even not design for racing . Having a race car is no boundaries for upgrade and expenses.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    First off I'm not here to tell you what you can and can not do, second we need to know what type of racing you want to do? drag racing, auto cross, road racing or I highly doubt its rally but I'll put rally as an option.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Auto-Cross... you can do that with a stock car. Just lighten the weight by removing the spare tire, tools, jack and rear seats before the event.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    The Civic LXi is an econo car...

In setting up for race, once you upgrade this part, chances are you have to upgrade that, too ... to gain the power you want...

Since you mentioned the limited budget, I suggest you save up first...
    If you considered selling the car, it would make for good money to start with a "race car"... some relatively cheap box (ie Starlet with modded 4K engine or an EF hatch with b16a) where
    you can use the rest of the money for engine mods....

In some drag races in Calamba and Sta Rosa before, I saw a Starlet and even a Kia Pride and a Daihatsu Charade beat some angsty Civic hatches...=)

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post

In some drag races in Calamba and Sta Rosa before, I saw a Starlet and even a Kia Pride and a Daihatsu Charade beat some angsty Civic hatches...=)

Those starlet probably has a 4AGE.The Kia Pride has a B6 Engine in it while the Charade has either 4EFTE and 4G63.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    thanks for the advice guys. i'll tell my brother. but my brother love that car,and i dont think he wants to sell it. but i think his just joking bout the limited bugdet. maybe guys can you give me advice on what to do first in his engine. he wants to beat a rival guy in the other team that has the same engine as my brother have, ph15 but they said that the parts of the engine inside it is d15.. so what can you guys suggest??

Natalo kc xa last last week. gusto ko sanang labanan. ayaw naman kasi b16 stock ako. saka wala pa ako masyado alam sa racing. isesecret pati nya ang pagkakarga daw e.

thank you in advance paps.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
want to start racing little help.. ??