New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mact_tors View Post
    hi sir V6....thanks again for the reply. na-search ko po dito sa forums na sa CRUVEN daw po ok mag pa chek ng suspension. can i have another question sir V6? like i have said, napalitan na po yung engine ng civic namin to D15B. my question is...is this engine adds to the value of my car or disadvantage po ito if i want to sell it? my car is 1996 civic vti. thanks again sir V6 and Gob bless you!

Well, the only advantage that I know on d15b only if you want the most out of your fuel economy. Perhaps, you can spell that to the buyer that the engine are much newer than the previous engine. Regular maintenance are good investment to return your money back in time of sale.

*dieselNUBI

The best thing you can do to get the max MPG (miles per gallon) out of your car is to keep the tires properly inflated, remove excess load in the trunk, keep your fuel system clean (change the fuel filter, and don't always run the cheapest gas you can find), and change your oil and filters every 3,000-5,000 depending on what type of driving you do. The biggest thing most people forget is to routinely check the tire pressure and to replace the air filter periodically. A 5 psi drop in tire pressure can drop your MPG by as much as 20%. I change my air filter every other oil change. This keeps a lot of dirt out of your engine, and helps the fuel mileage by allowing the proper amount of air into the engine.

Doing the required periodic maintenance on your vehicle will save you most expensive repairs down the road.
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mact_tors View Post
    hi sir V6....thanks again for the reply. na-search ko po dito sa forums na sa CRUVEN daw po ok mag pa chek ng suspension. can i have another question sir V6? like i have said, napalitan na po yung engine ng civic namin to D15B. my question is...is this engine adds to the value of my car or disadvantage po ito if i want to sell it? my car is 1996 civic vti. thanks again sir V6 and Gob bless you!
    Congratz and hope you got the JDM engine, but the 3-stage is just as fine. Just please make sure pati yung ECU ay napalitan. It should be p08 for the d15b.

The engine may add value to your car if it runs on carb before (lxi), which I suppose should be the case why you wanted a swap.

Best of both worlds yang d15b - power and economy. Unless you go drag (where B engines are popular), you should do fine on your new engine.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    Congratz and hope you got the JDM engine, but the 3-stage is just as fine. Just please make sure pati yung ECU ay napalitan. It should be p08 for the d15b.

The engine may add value to your car if it runs on carb before (lxi), which I suppose should be the case why you wanted a swap.

Best of both worlds yang d15b - power and economy. Unless you go drag (where B engines are popular), you should do fine on your new engine.
    now i feel better. malaki din nagastos namin sa OEM engine kasi sinubukan muna gawin until mag decide na palitan na. palagay ko JDM yung d15b, sa setoshi binili sa may masinag, antipolo. thanks isa1023!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
VTEC questions??? 1996 civic