New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Hi guys! I don't know if this topic is good for you Honda enthusiast , But as I,ve been browsing thru the net, A lot of foreigners are doing an engine swap to their old Mini to a Honda engine, and some where using the B's VTEC. If this would be available here in the Phil. are you willing to own a Mini with a Honda engine in it?
    Last edited by rmrsasteel; July 27th, 2009 at 09:44 PM. Reason: to include picture

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Why not? That'd be some Mini.

Heck, someone in Malaysia swapped a B18C5 into a gen1 Lotus Elise about 5 years ago. Only complaint he had was no air-con.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    double post
    Last edited by Type 100; July 28th, 2009 at 10:06 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Angle of the shot was not so good but this is a Mini with a B18 engine on it as displayed during last year's Manila Auto Salon at the SMX Center.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Nice one there! So that means that this conversion is possible, But would Honda and Mini guys would buy this conversion? I just want to know if ever will be bringing this conversion kit to Manila.:naughty2:

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    Angle of the shot was not so good but this is a Mini with a B18 engine on it as displayed during last year's Manila Auto Salon at the SMX Center.

This Mini is owned by AUTOPLUS, We have not seen this Mini on the road, probably because it's engine has too much hP ( B18C)that has a lot of torque steer. I would have something like a D15B instead so it would be drivable on Manila road.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    There are projects like this by Filipino mini cooper enthusiasts check out and search http://pinoymini.com/forum/index.php.

VTEC on a classic Mini Cooper