New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Honda Cars Philippines, Inc. Announces Voluntary Recall February 18, 2011 - Honda Motor Co., Ltd. recently announced a voluntary safety recall of some Honda Fit (Jazz in the Philippines) and City models to replace lost motion springs and retainers with countermeasure parts.
    Consequently, Honda Cars Philippines, Inc. (HCPI) would like to inform its customers that a total of 5,468 units of combined 1.5 liter Honda Jazz and 1.5 liter Honda City, distributed from September 2008 to April 2010, are included in the safety measure.
    Findings show that the high surface pressure between the lost motion spring retainers and rocker arm slippers results to increased retainer movement that might lead to spring breakage. The broken spring will then come into contact with other moving parts within the cylinder head and this will initially produce noise and in worst case, may cause engine to stall. No crashes or injuries have been reported related to this defect. With the total safety of Honda vehicle users as priority at all times, HCPI is taking this voluntary safety recall to replace lost motion springs and retainer parts of affected units. Jazz and City models with the following frame numbers are included in the voluntary recall:

Letters of notice will be sent to concerned Jazz and City owners starting February 21, 2011. To conduct the voluntary recall in an orderly manner, customers are requested to call their respective dealers or the Honda Hotline at 1-800-1000-Honda (46632) or (02) 857-7240 and visit our website, www.hondaphil.com, for inquiries and details of scheduling. Replacement of affected parts will be carried out in all 28 authorized dealers and 3 service centers nationwide, free of charge.
    Owners of Jazz and City models not included in the list above have no reason to worry since the affected parts are of different specifications. Other Honda models such as the Civic, Accord, CR-V, Pilot, Odyssey and HR-V sold and distributed by Honda Cars Philippines, Inc. are likewise not affected.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    good day, my sister's city is scheduled on monday for this recall. sabi it would take 3 hours to complete the job. question lang is:
    - yun bang lost motion spring and retainers is equal to valve springs and retainers?
    - so papalitan nila all 16 of them?
    - would this include removal of the whole cylinder head?

sorry should have directed these questions to honda themselves, pero sister ko kasi yun nakipag usap and yun kausap nya seems not to know much, so sa monday ko pa malalaman sa service adviser nila. kaso as always di na credible sagot na mga s.a. baka sakaling mas maganda answers dito as always.

tia!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    kahapon ko lng kinuha yung jazz ko, di ko pa na check kung irerecall agad.
    Bat kaya ganun.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    motion springs and retainers of my Jazz were replaced this morning. Nagkataon 40km checkup ko today and my SA explained the coverage of the recall and i agreed na isabay na sa PM. almost 6 hours din ang inabot. ako ang una na nagpagawa sa honda dasmarinas... guinea pig he he he

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravo View Post
    motion springs and retainers of my Jazz were replaced this morning. Nagkataon 40km checkup ko today and my SA explained the coverage of the recall and i agreed na isabay na sa PM. almost 6 hours din ang inabot. ako ang una na nagpagawa sa honda dasmarinas... guinea pig he he he
    Your post of "this morning" was yesterday.

So, may pasok ang Honda Dasmarinas ng Sunday? Or, was it Saturday morning?.... :rolleyes;

I agree. If I were a 1.5L 09 City/Jazz owner, I'd probably wait a week to make sure that the Maintenance crew have already kicked all the kinks in the replacement job.... Mahirap nga ang guinea pig...

12.3K:outcold:

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mambuking View Post
    good day, my sister's city is scheduled on monday for this recall. sabi it would take 3 hours to complete the job. question lang is:
    - yun bang lost motion spring and retainers is equal to valve springs and retainers?
    - so papalitan nila all 16 of them?
    - would this include removal of the whole cylinder head?

sorry should have directed these questions to honda themselves, pero sister ko kasi yun nakipag usap and yun kausap nya seems not to know much, so sa monday ko pa malalaman sa service adviser nila. kaso as always di na credible sagot na mga s.a. baka sakaling mas maganda answers dito as always.

tia!
    From what I've read there should be 8 of them in the engine.

Here's a description of how it is done with a Honda B16 engine:
    http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2536305

Maybe Honda will just be replacing the Lost Motion Assemblies (LMA) to speed up the work.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    1.5 liter Honda Jazz and 1.5 liter Honda City, distributed from September 2008 to April 2010, are included in the safety measure.

tankskie, those purchased only on the dates and frame numbers listed above are included in the recall. HTH

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    got it serviced, it took them more than 3 hours, i had to leave the car sa dealer - hindi natapos e.
    here's what i found out
    -the 1.5 city/jazz has 4 lost motion springs that needs to be replaced, its about 30mm tall and almost the same circumference as a 25 centavo coin.
    -the replacement kit includes all 4 springs and o-rings for the throtle body/manifold.

i have to agree mas maganda wag kang guinea pig, however may good points din being first - parts availability and basing it on the experience, the mechanic followed the service manual to the tooth, wala pa syang shortcut.

just my 2 cents :D
    so right now observe mode na.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Tried to schedule at Honda Q.Ave. Langhiya, next month pa raw earliest open slot.

Anybody know the status of other dealerships?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jave View Post
    Tried to schedule at Honda Q.Ave. Langhiya, next month pa raw earliest open slot.

Anybody know the status of other dealerships?
    Looks like ganyan na talaga sa lahat... March schedule na....

12.3K:outcold:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Voluntary Recall for City and Jazz