New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gud day. Ask ko lang kung ano possible reason bakit umuugong un car ko * 100kph pataas? I was driving at NLEX and SCTEX kaninang umaga nung narinig ko un ugong. '01 VTI manual un car.TIA

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Check power steering lines, might be vibrating at high speed?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by holla2yurboi View Post
    Gud day. Ask ko lang kung ano possible reason bakit umuugong un car ko * 100kph pataas? I was driving at NLEX and SCTEX kaninang umaga nung narinig ko un ugong. '01 VTI manual un car.TIA
    when was the last time you have your wheels balanced? alignment? how about your brakes and suspension, when was the last time you have them checked?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by holla2yurboi View Post
    From where is the sound coming from? Is it from the engine compartment? From under the car? From behind?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Another source would be the wheel bearings.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    paikutin mo sa wheel balancer and im sure you'll see why it wiggles at 100kph.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    *archie123456789 and *oj88-I will try and have it checked if those are the culprits

*CivicVTi-Yes Sir, I think it's from the engine compartment

*aejhayl17- no idea Sir, just got the car last week

*corbon44-may leak nga ata sa PS reserve

Tnx Sirs, much appreciated.

Good day!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    If the sound is coming from the front, it may well be from the front wheels/suspension, from the transmission, or from the engine itself. I suggest taking the car to a competent mechanic/shop. Have them test drive the car with you if possible so they can isolate the strange noise.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    ipa balance mo muna sir. baka makuha po doon.

Ugong * 100 kph