New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    What would be a better mod for the K20 with11:1 comp ratio? With a turbo I guess I have to change pistons unless I want to pick parts up what about the new Rotrex supercharger anybody tried this? Thanks

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As long as you don't plan on boosting too much with either, either will do. Turbo or supercharge, too much compression plus too much boost equals doggie kibble shaped chunks of metal in your engine, right where your pistons used to be.

I'd suggest a Garrett "disco potato"... Speedlab has one... that turbine is smooooooooth.

Then do a custom turbo build and add some engine management.

But with your Si, why not just a freer flowing exhaust and engine management?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A turbo would be cheaper (than a supercharger) and would result in more HP at the same boost. You can have very low turbo lag if you get turbochargers equipped with ball bearings.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Thank you guys !

turbo-->much simplier to setup, much efficient(you will get 100% of the power) but suffers on low-rpms and turbo lag.

supercharger-->much expensive to setup, no lag, power from low to top rpm, but robs power from the engine(not as efficient as turbo)

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    for a small engine,its much better to get a turbo.small engines isnt good for rotating superchargers.it stresses out the engine too much.
    if you notice/check around...more V8 use superchargers cause the engine is strong enough(torque) to spin the supercharger but most smaller engines(4 and some small 6 bangers) use more turbo than SC.
    the difference between the two besides whats already posted is also the rise of power as it goes thru the RPM.the supercharger would make a better/smoother bandwidth than a turbo throughout the RPM range/band wheas the turbo will give spike.
    (take it from me.i have a supercharger on my V8 and my brother has a turbo on hes 4 banger.T67 and weve raced each other quite a few times already)

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Turbo that K20. get a kit from turbonetics, revhard, hks, or greddy

Turbo or Supercharger