New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Need help guys..I just found out this morning that my car 1999 Civic AT has a leak I know nothing about cars so I ask my frined, my friend check it and he told me na malapit na maputol iyong Transmission Stick nya and then bumili sya ng ATF, sa palagay nyo eto kaya ang cause nya? pano pag napalitan na to at may leak pa rin? ano kaya worst case senario? and how much does it cost to repair this? thanks

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    You never mention what parts of the tranny where the leak is.

Its either the tranny pan gasket or the front pump seal leaking behind your torque converter.

1. What do you mean malapit ng maputol ang tranny stick?

2. Are you saying the "shifter" are worn out? Shifter are solid rounded metal still be there, long before your tranny are out of service, maybe he was talking about the cable.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    I really know nothing about cars, pero sabi nung friend ko, it is the dip stick where you put the transmission oil, the gasket is loose ata kaya tumatama daw iyong stick sa loob,

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    You never mention what parts of the tranny where the leak is.

Its either the tranny pan gasket or the front pump seal leaking behind your torque converter.

1. What do you mean malapit ng maputol ang tranny stick?

2. Are you saying the "shifter" are worn out? Shifter are solid rounded metal still be there, long before your tranny are out of service, maybe he was talking about the cable.

Di po siya ung shifter sorry for my dumbness. what if the pan gasket is leaking how much does it cost? or the front pump seal leaking? Malaking problema na po ba eto or minor problems lang, thanks..

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    saang area ka sir? pa check mo na sa reputable mechanic sa preferred shops mo or any gas stations na may in house mech. madali na kumuha ng 2nd or even 3rd and 4th opinion after para ma sigurado mo na yun nga dapat gawin then sa pagbili or paghanap ng parts ganun rin, canvass, compare bago kumuha.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wilnor View Post
    Di po siya ung shifter sorry for my dumbness. what if the pan gasket is leaking how much does it cost? or the front pump seal leaking? Malaking problema na po ba eto or minor problems lang, thanks..
    "Minor problem".....but it will cost you thousand if neglected.

I would use a good quality tranny gasket or silicone engine gasket sealer - Permatex or the copies, and apply it sparingly to both sides in a thin coating on the pan.

Clean the trans rail where the gasket mates up with a good carb or brake cleaner - and gently scrape it if necessary, without scoring or scratching the soft aluminum of the tranny.

Be careful tightening the bolts as dimpling the new pan around the holes will cause uneveness and create a leak later. It's not really a tight spec at all, barely a few foot pounds on each bolts, something easily exceeded leaning on a 3/8" box end wrench. Just firm will do, and check them again a week later, retighten them a little bit. Again, DO NOT over do those bolts...it will leak.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    ok thanks for your info guys, I'll keep posted.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Need help guys..I just found out this morning that my car 1999 Civic AT has a leak I know nothing about cars so I ask my frined, my friend check it and he told me na malapit na maputol iyong Transmission Stick nya and then bumili sya ng ATF, sa palagay nyo eto kaya ang cause nya? pano pag napalitan na to at may leak pa rin? ano kaya worst case senario? and how much does it cost to repair this? thanks
    Transmission stick? or Dipstick to check the atf. Well ang madalas talaga masira sa mga gasket ay yung O-ring and gaket between the crankshaft and the Automatic Transmission Main Shaft. If you will notice underneath, the ATF is usually dyed red para makita mo kung saan talaga. Worst case scenario: pwede kang matuyuan ng ATF while driving and the transmission will no longer be feeding atf, transmission could react eventually from noisy operation, will no longer shift, will burn the clutch from 1st to 4th and the car will no longer move. Best to maintain it by replacing the gasket and o-rings of the crankshaft, maintain the proper reading of atf and use only genuine honda atf to prolong its life.

Have a nice day men!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by boylet View Post
    Transmission stick? or Dipstick to check the atf. Well ang madalas talaga masira sa mga gasket ay yung O-ring and gaket between the crankshaft and the Automatic Transmission Main Shaft. If you will notice underneath, the ATF is usually dyed red para makita mo kung saan talaga. Worst case scenario: pwede kang matuyuan ng ATF while driving and the transmission will no longer be feeding atf, transmission could react eventually from noisy operation, will no longer shift, will burn the clutch from 1st to 4th and the car will no longer move. Best to maintain it by replacing the gasket and o-rings of the crankshaft, maintain the proper reading of atf and use only genuine honda atf to prolong its life.

Have a nice day men!
    patak pa lang naman po although alam ko naman na lalala yan, pero Im gonna be having it fix mga 2 months pa I have no budget pa e, Is it okay for me to just always check th ATF level? kung medyo nababawasan na just fill her up? or do I need to have it fix asap.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I really know nothing about cars, pero sabi nung friend ko, it is the dip stick where you put the transmission oil, the gasket is loose ata kaya tumatama daw iyong stick sa loob,
    The stick is hitting what exactly? The stick just goes to the pan and shouldn't hit anything. You should observe it first after you change the dip stick before spending money on a repair.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Transmission Oil Leak?