New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Good am tsikot forumers!

Naguguluhan ako kung ano pipiliin ko kung SiR o FD tutal di naman masyado nagkakalayo ang presyo nila. (2nd hand/used)

Pros and cons po ng 2 models. Help me to decide. Btw, first car ko po itong pinag-iisipan ko kung sakali.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Unless youre gonna be racing and spending lots of money to tune the SiR, the FD is the sensible choice. Imo, its pointless to own an SiR if youre not gonna use it for its real purpose. Fd nalang. At least Significantly younger ang makukuha mo with your cash. Younger = less headaches. Not to mention the fact na malaki ang possibility na nilaspag yung SiR kasi nga pangracing. Pero syempre nasa sayo yan. Follow your heart

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The only advantage the SIR has over the FD is it gets to 100 km/h a second faster. That's it. The FD is more spacious, handles better, has better fuel economy, better refinement and doesn't rust to pieces along every single seam in the roof.

If you're getting the ultra-rare Civic 2.0 S MT, that hits 100 km/h as quickly as the SiR, with much more midrange torque for overtaking... for around the same money. And the K20 in that car will take massive amounts of modification, perhaps more than the B16.

At this point, except for the historical value, there's not much point in getting an SiR.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vinz0r View Post
    Good am tsikot forumers!

Naguguluhan ako kung ano pipiliin ko kung SiR o FD tutal di naman masyado nagkakalayo ang presyo nila. (2nd hand/used)

Pros and cons po ng 2 models. Help me to decide. Btw, first car ko po itong pinag-iisipan ko kung sakali.

Thanks!
    Get the FD. More spacious and it's younger than the SiR, therefore newer, just be patient in shopping. It's hard to shop for an SiR that has not been abused in it's 13 to 15years of existence.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    FDs these days are selling cheap, its nearing the price of the SIR. Somehow I'm for the SIR, especially those with JDM set up thats clean and simple.

I think no other car has retained its value like this, other than the LCs. Imagine more than ten years plateauing at half the price when bnew.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It has retained its value because people want it... not necessarily because it's great.

Make no mistake, when it was new, the SiR was fantastic. Good chassis, double-wishbone suspension, rev-happy motor. But it had its flaws, even then. A lack of ABS, lack of airbags, lack of toys in general. And now that it's old, you face the rust and corrosion issues that plague Civics of that generation.

The FD is quick. (Officially, it's a second slower, but with the right launch, it's nearly as fast) has a stiffer chassis, sharper steering, more torque and more space. It also has airbags and ABS. The downside of the FD, the ultra-hard seatback, is less of a problem as the car gets older, since the foam softens over time.

The only reason to get an SiR over the FD is if you're a fanatic who's collecting old sports sedans. If you're looking for a fun car to drive everyday, the newer car will serve you much better.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post
    FDs these days are selling cheap, its nearing the price of the SIR. Somehow I'm for the SIR, especially those with JDM set up thats clean and simple.

I think no other car has retained its value like this, other than the LCs. Imagine more than ten years plateauing at half the price when bnew.
    Hindi mura ang bentahan ng FD, sobrang overhyped lang ang bentahan ng SIR. Kala mo ubod ng ganda, ni wala nga ABS at airbag yan eh. Hahaha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The only advantage the SIR has over the FD is it gets to 100 km/h a second faster. That's it. The FD is more spacious, handles better, has better fuel economy, better refinement and doesn't rust to pieces along every single seam in the roof.

If you're getting the ultra-rare Civic 2.0 S MT, that hits 100 km/h as quickly as the SiR, with much more midrange torque for overtaking... for around the same money. And the K20 in that car will take massive amounts of modification, perhaps more than the B16.

At this point, except for the historical value, there's not much point in getting an SiR.
    And stops earlier, too?

--

Niky is right, get the 2.0S MT if you find one. Kung hinde, the 1.8S MT would already suffice. Just mod it, like what would every owner of an SiR do to his car. At least you get extra features.. and a much newer, probably less problematic too, car.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Thank you guys for the replies.

Hindi naman tulin ang habol ko, more on fuel efficient pang porma car lang. Jazz 1.3 M/T sana but can't afford na nasa 500-600 ang price range ng second hand.

I've been searching ads sa sulit. Paano ko malalaman kung hindi flooded ang sasakyan? Ano ang mga kailangang tingnan?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    if FD kunin nyo sir, hanapin nyo casa record nun car then kung may time ka pa check mo sa casa if match un info, usual suspect kapag nabaha un car un carpet parang may dry water stain, sa mga sulok sulok nakatago may kalawang

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast