New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    just want to know, if i change my tires from 15" to 17", will my fuel consumption increase? or same pa din. thanks

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    yep... it will affect of fuel consumption... tire size, trunk load, driving habit affects alot on FC

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    weigh your stock tires/rim combo then compare it to your planned upgrades. if the weight increased, expect a decrease in FC (vice versa).

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LeapFrog View Post
    weigh your stock tires/rim combo then compare it to your planned upgrades. if the weight increased, expect a decrease in FC (vice versa).
    The case is usually for the larger wheel/tire combo to increase in weight anyway. Lighter wheels don't mean much if the tire is heavy, which is usually the case for the low-profile ones.

Also it's a question of where the mass of the wheel/tire combo is. On larger combos it's farther away from the center (or the wheel hub, in this case), so it'll take more torque to turn - regardless of weight.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I have a 96 Civic Vti that originally have 17" when I bought it, then shifted to 15" about two years ago. I didn't feel any substantial difference in fuel consumption.

tire size change