New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Mga Sirs, I bought a 2002 VTI-s last week..

70k na ang mileage..

Wanna know kung saan OK papalit timing belt sa CASA vs sa labas?

Saan ang recommended shop nyo? Preferably banda Banaue or Bulacan.. YUng magaling sa Honda...

Beside Timing Belt ano pa ang dapat palitan para condition ang car ko??

More or less how much ang magagastos ko??

Thanks...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I own a 2001 civic vti and it already has just above 140k mileage and up to now I haven't replaced its time belt. I had it checked by Honda last Friday and they told me that it could still hold but if I should replace it as soon as possible to prevent greater damage. They quoted me around 8500 parts and labor.

Since yours is still less than 100k kms, I suggest that have it replaced in Honda coz I think it's still fresh. As for mine, I think I will just have it replaced in my trusted car shop. Perhaps I will just buy the parts in Honda if I want them to use original parts. The name of the shop is Richmond. In case you want to consider that shop, you could find it along Congressional Avenue just less than a kilometer away before reaching the intersection of Mindanao Avenue and Congressional Ave. The good thing in that shop is the boss drives a 2004 civic so he could easily relate with me. A lot of cars go there from ordinary to high end vehicles.

If those parts don't need to be replaced, don't have it replaced. Have it inspect by a reputable shop first and ask their advise.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Thanks sir sa Rna reply..

Meron ka Tel No nong shop?

Nabili mo ba 2001 Civic mo na brand new or 2nd hand??

Ano usual problem ng 2001 Civic mo?? Saw a review na sirain daw??

I don't know kung tama... Fuel consumption??

thanks...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I will just send the telephone number in private message.

About my car, I bought it brand new. For 7 years of ownership, so far it hasn't given me any big problems. The engine is still as almost as good as its 2nd year. The car is so worth it. I always see to it that it's regularly maintained and I always have it tuned up and changed oil every 5k kms (not in casa anymore coz it takes so long and more expensive) .

As for the problems, I noticed that there is a knocking sound underneath the car. I already had the shocks and bushings changed, but it is still there and at high speed, the steering wheel starts to shake. Nevertheless, I think I am just missing something with regards to the part/s that I need to change that's why it's like that.

I think regardless of what car you use, if you don't take care of it properly and you drive it like there's no tomorrow, I guess it would really breakdown early and easily. For the past year, I normally drive up to 60 only due to rising fuel prices and up to know the car is still in top shape.

I don't know about the fuel consumption but usually it travels just below 400km before I need to refuel.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Ok sir.. Thanks again for the reply....

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    this link may be very helpful for you: http://z3.invisionfree.com/HCP/index...howtopic=58001
    Last edited by baludoy; July 23rd, 2008 at 07:49 PM.

Timing Belt 2002 VTI-s