New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Sup guys! new member here. Im just shopping around for my next project car and i decided to stick with either eg or ek. ived seen alot of eg but not much of ek cars for sale and im not too familiar where to buy all the goodies that i need, also whats the price range for em? (eg, ek)? so I need all you honda wizards out there to point me to the directions where to get all the parts that im looking for thanks!

Looking for b16 engine or k20 engine?
    suspension( full coilovers)?
    Invidia exhaust or whatever ?
    good shop who does a good job on engine swap?
    my rims are coming from the states so i dont worry lol
    Thats all i can think as of now thanks alot peeps!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm. ek civics cost from 200k to 400k(SIR). if you would get an SIR then no need for a swap since you already have a b16 with it. k20 would cost you 200k for the engine alone but if you could afford then go for it. there are shops that already done this swap but I only see a few running on the streets, so going to this route would give you the prestige of having one. hehehe.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Could you pm me the name of those shops that have already done a k20 swap on a EK? And why is it only few ek's are running around the streets? Ive noticed there's alot of EG for sale but the shells are some what F***ed up lol and hella expensive. Im coming down next month to start shopping around for car and parts ,so itll be a huge help to know where to go thanks!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    if you still want to go for a k20 rather than having the stock b16 of an SiR. just for the LXi variant and get the engine swap you want.

for the shops that do swaps, go for forced speed along kalayaan. they been doing swaps on a routine. google them.

hth

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by s2k808 View Post
    Could you pm me the name of those shops that have already done a k20 swap on a EK? And why is it only few ek's are running around the streets? Ive noticed there's alot of EG for sale but the shells are some what F***ed up lol and hella expensive. Im coming down next month to start shopping around for car and parts ,so itll be a huge help to know where to go thanks!
    number one reason could be the price. 200k for an engine is hell of a money for most of us, plus the parts. b series is much common since its much cheaper.

I agree with archie, if you're going for the k20 look for an lxi. its much cheaper.

shops,
    from HCP

- Forcedspeed Motorworks
    106 kalayaan ave, q.c.
    Tel. no.: 4345335
    Cel. no.: 09176280700
    look for jeff de leon

- H3autoworks - All Motor & Turbo Factory
    Antique street, Sumulong Hiway, Banker's Village, Antipolo city
    Bong Hilario
    mobile: 09178502088

- Drop it! AutoworX
    200 8th Ave. Cor A. Del Mundo St. Caloocan city
    09209266180(Jonats)
    i'm not sure who amongst them had did a k20 swap but those shops are active in the tuner scene so most likely one of them had an experience with that kind of swap.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Thanks guys for the info. Ok so ek with B16 engine worth how much? and eg b16 swap engine also how much would it cost me just for the engine itself? Thanks again!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by s2k808 View Post
    Thanks guys for the info. Ok so ek with B16 engine worth how much? and eg b16 swap engine also how much would it cost me just for the engine itself? Thanks again!
    the SiR now is around 340k - 400k depends on the conditions and mods applied to the car.

if its a project car, ill say get the eg hatch instead, much lighter than the ek. the b16a would set you back around 100k+.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    100k for the engine itself? thats not too bad. I know the eg is some what around 150-180k if not wrong. Thanks!Oh and would it be safe to buy parts from banawe? are those parts stolen or something? lol

Thinking of buying an ek or eg......