New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

10,000 rpm!!!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Mahina ang Advan Neova in the wet, yun yung suot ng Integra chaka nung Civic. My dad has those, lakas ng wheelspin. Then again, naka 4-puck clutch siya
    Last edited by mbeige; February 15th, 2007 at 02:20 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Holy ****!!! Kasya ang 245mm wide tires sa Civic? Wonder how much fender they had to fold for those?

The Neovas aren't really as bad in the wet as most people think. Last trackday we had I was probably second or third fastest on track in the wet (second to an M3... agh)... third fastest when I was pussy-footing, second fastest when I said to hell with it... when I realized that I had more grip than I thought. The Integra's problem is that he was seriously lacking front-end grip compared to the other two cars (205-50 pareho, should have been 215 or 225-45 front and 205-50 rear).

The bigger disadvantage would go to the S2000. Rear wheel drive is more edgy in the rain, and the RE050, while potentially stickier than the AD07 in the wet, isn't that big of an advantage... not big enough to prevent the S2000 from going noticeably squirrely in some parts and understeering more noticeably than the Civic (might also be a factor of the extremely staggered tire sizes... the wider rears of the S2000 would make it understeer more, while the wider fronts of the Civic would tend to fight understeer).

I'm suitably impressed though, that the Civic was so well-composed in the rain... if only the regular Civics had the same suspension tuning.

-----

The Wheelspin is a valid issue, though. It's simply that the Neovas have super-stiff sidewalls, which doesn't let them take a set when launching like softer-sidewalled sports tires do. They brake very well, though... and lateral grip is nothing short of amazing.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    From speedyfix's post over at AI, it seems the spoon FD is basically the S2000 F20C engine, but with iVTEC from the K20A (instead of normal, DOHC-VTEC). Awesome engine.

Sigurado marami nanaman crate engine orders when they begin shipping that frankenstein monster.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dont you just love the tein suspension?

Spoon Civic FD