New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    quick question lang mga sir...

pag nagsasakay ako ng 3 or 4 na tao sa honda eg ko, sumasayad at parang bagsak na bagsak na...

sring ba ang sira or shocks? tingin ko shocks eh kasi khit 2 lang sakay ko parang bagsak na bagsak

ano pinaka safe na gawin?

palit ba muna ako shocks tapos pag sayad pa rin springs naman?

nasisira ba ang stock na springs ng honda eg?

pagagawa ko na kasi next week eh

need your inputs...

thanks

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Paps baka busted na yung shocks.
    Ni-lowered mo ba sir?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The spring is the one bearing the weight of the car. If the ride height becomes too low when you put passengers in (with the car parked), the springs may have sagged and probably needs replacing. This is normal because they wear out and sag over time. Some springs, even on the same car, wear down faster than the others, most likely due to imbalanced loading of the car throughout its life. That's why you see some 10-20 year old or older cars with uneven ride height from left to right or front to rear. This is aside those cars who encountered an accident that put their suspension out of whack.

The work of the shock absorbers or dampers is not to carry the weight of the car, per se, but to dampen the tendency of the spring to bounce. So if you find your car bouncy, the dampers may need replacing as well.

Now, if you combine the two factors (sagging spring + worn-out damper), you'll be hitting the bump-stops (or your tires touching the fender liners) more often when you fill the car to capacity, even on a relatively level road.

Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    The spring is the one bearing the weight of the car. If the ride height becomes too low when you put passengers in (with the car parked), the springs may have sagged and probably needs replacing. This is normal because they wear out and sag over time. Some springs, even on the same car, wear down faster than the others, most likely due to imbalanced loading of the car throughout its life. That's why you see some 10-20 year old or older cars with uneven ride height from left to right or front to rear. This is aside those cars who encountered an accident that put their suspension out of whack.

The work of the shock absorbers or dampers is not to carry the weight of the car, per se, but to dampen the tendency of the spring to bounce. So if you find your car bouncy, the dampers may need replacing as well.

Now, if you combine the two factors (sagging spring + worn-out damper), you'll be hitting the bump-stops (or your tires touching the fender liners) more often when you fill the car to capacity, even on a relatively level road.
    Very well said!

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    salamat mga sir! i think i need to replace springs and shocks na. sobrang bagsak tlga kahit isang tao lang naka sakay saka sumasayad na gulong pag nalubak o humps pag may sakay.

another question sir oj:

what will be the best move in this case?
    **change springs first then monitor then pag bagsak/sayad pa rin change shocks?
    OR
    **change shocks/dampers first then monitor then pag bagsak/sayad pa rin change springs?
    OR
    **sure na sira na yung shocks and springs so better yet change shocks and springs at the same time?

***i am planning to buy a surplus/used shocks and springs. ok lang ba ang ganito since trusted ko naman pagbibilan ko. kaizen service center, they offer fresh surplus products...

here's their link...

http://tsikot.yehey.com/classifieds/.../120065/cat/47

* isa1023: all stock po sir, hinde ko po ni lowered.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mikhailer View Post
    salamat mga sir! i think i need to replace springs and shocks na. sobrang bagsak tlga kahit isang tao lang naka sakay saka sumasayad na gulong pag nalubak o humps pag may sakay.
    I had the same problem before.. but that was after 6 years when I installed my neuspeed lowering springs. Pag may sakay ako ramdam ko na ung tagtag nung auto parang wala nang laro ung springs... so I decided to put back my stock springs sa likod.. problem solved! sobrang lumambot na pala ung lowering springs ko kaya bagsak ung likod ko... bili ka lang muna ng springs.. malalaman mo naman kung sira na ung shocks pag kinabit na nila ung springs mo.. itetest naman nila yun bago ikabit... para atleast hindi sayang ung pag bili mo kung buo pa naman ung orig shocks mo..

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Palit springs lang yan okey na. Matanda na malamang ang kotse kaya hindi na nya kaya manalo laban sa bigat at sa gravity.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Springs first. And as much as possible, don't buy surplus. As I've mentioned, springs wear down unevenly. Now, if the springs came from different cars, your car may not come out level. But if budget is an issue, be sure the shop will allow you to mix and match. You'd want the car to look level on the road once the springs are mounted.

For shocks, I'd go for brand new. You'd want the state of health of all shocks to match each other or you'll have weird suspension movement or noises.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    so pwede rin palang galing sa shock ang squiking sound? kasi pinatingin ko na sa mechaniko wala naman makitang sira sa pangilalim tapos lahat ng laman sa compartment tinangal pa rin, pag dumadaan sa malubak merong squiking sound pa rin sa bandang likod, malamang sa shock na ba ito ? palitan na? civic na 96 ang tsikot.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    salamat sir OJ88. do u have an idea where i can buy oem brand new springs for my honda eg 95? eh kung isabay ko na rin kaya ng pagpapalowered since may balak din naman ako.

pwede bang mag lowering springs na less than 1.5 inches ang drop. karaniwan kasing nakikita ko is 1.5 inches drop. i dont want it to sit too low. i just want it to look stable by lowering it not too low.

pwede bang mangyari na mag lowering springs ako at the same time kaya pa magsakay ng 3-4 persons sa likod, what i'm trying to achieve is having it function as if it is on oem/stock springs at the same time looks stable and a little bit lowered?

lastly, ball park figs:

-lowering springs (1 set - front and rear)
    -oem springs (brand new - rear only)

and where i can buy these...

thanks tsikot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
shocks or srpings failure?