New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Some of you may have noticed that Honda has ended support for really old Honda Citys like the 1999 model.

Now my question is where do you have your units serviced?

I have 2 cars that need servicing soon and I do not want to sell it due to cost of buying a new car.

Tipid mode mga padre!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Any reputable shop can service your City. Its not a complicated car. Parts can be found in Banawe or Evangelista

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    what you mean by ended support. I have 99 model too. sa magallanes ako paservice. thanks

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho, supported pa naman sa casa yan. pero yes, there are other cheaper shops that can handle that. speedyfix is one of them. servitek can also do some of the things that needs to be done there.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    ended support? i don't think honda operates like microsoft, where they completely end support for their windows products after so and so years...

honda still carries parts sa casa for all models except maybe the EF series civics. konti lang kasi yung nabenta nun, halos wala na nga ako nakikita na ganun sa daan.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Maybe what he meant siguro ay yung insurance claim sa CASA. I believed hindi na tumatangap ng insurance ang mga casa if your car is 10 years old. Pero kung magbabayad ka, kahit siguro 1980 na honda tatangapin pa yan.

i have a 1999 honda city type Z and two years of ownership, never ko pang pinasok sa CASA.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    According to Honda Alabang the parts are still available but must be imported from Japan. Which would cost more than it used to cost.

My question is this. Which local shop you can vouch for can do a good job in servicing old Cities? I need names and addresses. Hiirap naman pumunta sa Banaue at kung sino sino lang hahawak sa oto mo diba?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    ha? are you sure? the '99 city uses the PH15 non-vtec efi 1500cc engine, like my 99 lxi civic and honda fairview never told me that they had to ship parts from japan when i had my timing belt and waterpump replaced last year...

parts from japan... paki-batukan nga yung SA na nagsabi sayo nyan, baka gusto lan nila i-offer sayo yung mga piyesa nila jan na hindi nabili masyado... like camshafts or rocker covers.... pwede nila sabihin na from japan para mas mahal. tas bibigay sayo surplus o kaya yung kinalas galing ibang costumer ("galing sa japan yan sir, binarko pa kaya matagal!" "ulul!" hehehe).

ang planta ng civic/honda anjan lang sa laguna, at derecho pa din ang production ng spares alongside the new cars AND spares for those new cars...

but if you don't want to go to the casa (why not? their oil change promo is excellent) theres:

speedyfix - the old reliable shop. excellent service and reasonably priced

forcedspeed motorworks - kalayaan avenue. a lot of honda enthusiasts go here for maintenance and tuning. do try their services esp the valve adjustments and intake cleaning... plus, they can tune your car for more power if you're into that sort of thing. i did, and it rocks. mura pa.

cruven/zee - underchassis guys. they rebuild underchassis components. you'll be pleasantly surprised at how cheap but professional they are. their works are guaranteed 1 year. dito pumupunta yung mga walang pambile ng brand new shocks, joints, etc.. hehe. last na pagawa ko dun CRV, i used that bugger for 2 years after ipagawa hanggang ibinenta ko last year wala pa din kalampag.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTO View Post
    According to Honda Alabang the parts are still available but must be imported from Japan. Which would cost more than it used to cost.

My question is this. Which local shop you can vouch for can do a good job in servicing old Cities? I need names and addresses. Hiirap naman pumunta sa Banaue at kung sino sino lang hahawak sa oto mo diba?
    Speedyfix. Just do a search for him. His tel no is on his sig. Shop in Shaw Blvd beside Pure Gold.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    my HS friend has 98 type z, and nagpaservice ren kami last January lang sa Magallanes ren. I think 15K total nia nagastos kasi dami parts pinalitan pero okay na okay cia after makuha 2 days later.

Better try calling other Honda CASAs. pero speedyfix is a very recommendable alternative. Good workmanship, mura pa singil.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Service for 1999 Honda City